Quick plant model

Nothing terribly spectacular. Just something to get away from my main project for a bit.

Background Courtesy: cr103 via stockarch.com. (CC Atribute) cr103 http://stockarch.com/images/abstract/light/bokeh-green-2022

this looks spectacular. Really convincing.

How did you do the BG? Or is it a random picture from the web?

Nice work.

woah! I’m super impressed by this
Would you mind sharing a bit about how you did this? I’d really like to hear about how you did the water droplets and leaf shaders

Background is from the web. I forgot to attribute (will edit). I used a lightwrap in post as well as a glare filter node. IIRC there is also a glare on the background.

The geometry is from this tutorial:

Which really makes herbaceous plants easy. I applied a Curve modifier to get the general sweeping shape.

The water droplets are a simple particle system. I tried using vector paint to get them to emit only from one side, but I was still getting a particles emitting from the back. So I just used vector group, selecting only the top faces.

I tried using the metaball object, but I wasn’t wholly convinced by it as the dew felt a little too uniform. I instead used the CubeSurfer addon with a relatively high voxel size and a subsurf modifier. This allowed variation in the shape of the droplets. The droplets on the back-side perimeter i think is a result of subsurf - happy accident.

To finish off composition I made a two level light wrap, one general with the other’s size and factor determined by the background. I didn’t do the light wrap perfectly. but in this case you can’t really tell. It was my first time doing that kind of composite.

I also added some glare, dispersion and lens distortion as well as a general blur to convey lens artifact. DOF is Cycles.

Nothing terribly spectacular? AMAZING!

I like both the composition & model for this. The watery element may be what makes it realistic & interesting to look at.

amazing, mindblowing. jealous of your skills :wink:

very realistic, lovely color :slight_smile:

Love it! is the bokeh effect from the dof or is that an image?

Thanks everyone!

Awesome! amazing work and very real!

drops look amazing

this looks refreshing…

-Nita

The amount of dew on the leaves really allows it to pack a punch.

I think it definitely raises the bar for nature pieces here (which has already been high due to the large number of realistic ones that have hit the forums).

very cool! - What’s your main project?