Procedural eye texture

I posted in the Art WIP forum probably the wrong place for it so I will open a new thread here and add a link to the other one.

I saw a character eye set for sale over at blendernation so I thought I would give it a try. Here is a render with Suzanne helping me out modeling the eye tex. The one on the right is my first attempt and the one on the left is my second try at it.

And here is the node tree.

Any ideas how to improve it further are appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

It already looks really good
Just googling for an eye image I think there are 2 small improvements:
1/ Some sort of subsurf to give the iris and sclera (white part) some depth
2/ Make the lines in the iris more wavy

Good luck

Martin

I think it looks pretty good already. I have a node setup which allows polar and spherical coordinates from object texture coordinates, which may have purpose in a setup like this. Or for other things where you want something fast without having to deal with UV Unwrapping.

1 (from left): spherical, 2: compound smooth, 3: cylinder (stretching in radius), 4: disk (stretching in height).
I think what is going on should be self explanatory.

Here is a look at the current state of the eye texture. I had to find a better way to stretch the veins in the iris and the white of the eye. I finally found a way to get it working so that if it is rotated the look of the texture does not change.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]391504[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]391505[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the suggestions

Here is an update with an incremental improvement… I think