Alison the librarian WIP

Hello everyone!

I have been working on a whole woman for few years with various breaks. Her face is almost ready. I’ll show you the her body later. There are a lot of difficulties but I’ll try to surmount them. However, I’ll ask your help to solve some problem and I’ll appreciate it.

Greetings,
Johnny

Current image:

Well, I have a problem with her hair. Let’s see!

I have made a weight paint (as you can see on the first picture) for nothing because her hair is in a mess (on her face, chin and neck). So I cannot comb her hair properly. How can I solve this problem?

Attachments

Well, something is off in the hair set up, but without seeing your settings, it’s difficult to tell. Post your blend file at PasteAll.org so someone can take a look at it.

move your subsurf modifier under the particle in the stack

shaun

It’s working. Thank you very much! :smiley: I don’t understand why I didn’t find out this simple solution.

I show you the whole body. I’ll look for the skin texture to improve her skin. My plan is that she will be dressed and will be in some environment (I haven’t got any idea of it yet).

Hello everybody!

I have got a current problem. The leg stretches if I grab and move foot or hip. If I move the hip I want that the whole body move to any direction, not that the foot sticks to one point and the leg stretches. I haven’t any chance to solve it and I don’t want to build again the skeleton from the beginning yet. I’ll appreciate yours suggestion. :slight_smile:

If you created this with Rigify, one thing I recently noticed in my own project, in the N properties panel, in the section on the rigging, there was an option for stretching. When I set this to 0, the stretching went away.

I have created skeleton without Rigify because I didn’t know about it. It seems that I’ll make it again with Rigify this time. By all means, thank you! :slight_smile:

I’m not sure if the rigify would do individual toes, if you needed that, but it might just be a matter of adding more toe bones. I haven’t messed with it enough to know what all it could do. And the thing I mentioned might not even be related to Rigify… It might be something from the bones. But when I looked in the “n” properties panel with one of my IK widgets selected, it gave an option for “Autostretch IK”. When I turned that to 0 (zero), then it no longer stretched. The stretching may be useful for animation, but if you’re just posing for a single frame or want more of a “realistic” look, then turning this down, or off, will help. Here’s a picture to show you what I’m talking about.

It seems it works with Rigify and it’s the easier manner to pose or animate a character. I didn’t have to start again the rigging. Thank you very much! And I see you are coming on well with your work. Have a great success! :slight_smile:

There is another problem. When I close Blender, the woman’s body seems okay, but whenever I open the programme, it’s always changing to be bizarre as you can look the picture under. I usual save files, but now I fail to get on. However, I can restore with the “Reload trusted” button which is on the top of the window, but it’s not so good solution. I am afraid that this problem will be permanent. What do I have to do?

Before you started rigging, was the scale applied? (IE the scale for all the character objects = 1.) That’s the only thing I can think of off hand. If that’s not it, maybe someone else has a clue.

I assume the character’s scale was on 1 in every direction too (X, Y and Z), as you can see the picture above on the N panel if I understand you well. After all, I tried again and I realized that the Rigify caused this problem. When I’ve created it with “Generate” button, the Rigify appeared in strange position from the beginning (as in the same picture) because the hand and the foot are contracted or shrinked. I switched to the Edit mode to change their position but it is in normal just in this mode. The previous armature which I generated to Rigify was also normal I think. So I am still working on it.

Oh, one other thing, if you look on the File settings in the User Preferences (before clicking the generate button), is “Auto run Python Scripts” checked? If that isn’t, it can cause some weird behavior.

It works! You are genious, thank you very much! :smiley:

Glad I could help :smiley:

Now, I’ve given her some clothes. The heels and jewelry are remain.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]393219[/ATTACH]

Hello!
Sorry if I annoy anyone else with my new question but I’ve tried and I’m hopeless to solve the new problem by himself. The fact is that the virtual woman’s eyes are always jumping out her head when I move her body in pose mode. I tried setting parent the body to the eyes but this way breaks the rigging connection between them. The pivot point of the eyes is in same position as the woman’s body. What did I miss? What should I do?

Parent the eye mesh directly to the eye bone. Select the eye mesh, then shift select the eye bone. CTRL-P> Bone. This will parent the mesh 100% to that bone. If you have problems after that, you need to reset your edit position of the eye bone.