An Epic Sheeps Tale

This is a project I started and I’m looking for ideas for a story line. Also I am open to opinions on how I can improve it. If your interested in volunteering to help out with this project just let me know. You can contact me by email at [email protected]

Update:

I am not the best with lighting. Any input will be appreciated.

Update:

After adjusting the IOR of the glass, adding a particle system for the air bubbles and repositioning the camera, this is what I came up with. I know its far from finished but once I get the look and feel I want, I will animate the bubbles and character to give them a floaty effect.

Update:

I used the pitchi poy rig, animated a simple character motion, and added a wind force field to give the air bubbles some effect.

Update:

Here is a sheep prototype I modeled and a wireframe render. I know its incomplete but I’m trying to update at least once a day.
The sheep model will be important to the story as his past is revealed.

Update:

Today I animated multiple camera views closing in on tge main character as he is morphing into a Super Saiyen like creature.
I set up a depth of field and the Bokeh you see are the energy particles that will converge inside his body as he explodes violently into a Epic Super Sheep who will save humainty from the grips of an Evil Alien Empire who are enslaving all Living creatures.

I think your sheep is mising some faces between the front legs.

Also i think that those tubes, that contain our future savior, usually are connected to the ceiling since you usually need a stable structure and some circuits to make it work. Something like you did on the first images.

Update:

Ok today I decided I would begin laying out a character design for the hero and this is what I came up with. Obviously I’ll need to cloth him and give him hair. But if you can imagine a awesome hairdo then you can see where this is going.

Ok guys, I’ve been hammering out a story line for An epic sheep story and so far its huge.

It starts off with a family of sheep. Then along comes an Alien space craft and in the chaos of things the baby lamb gets captured and taken back to the mother ship for testing. Eventually after years of torturous experiments to reprogram the sheeps brain they have found that the only way to enslave living creatures is though subversion. But not after they have made the captured animals into saiyens. They think they have them reprogrammed and most of them are but as time goes onit becomes evident that some of them revert back to having emotional connections with their origins and becomes a risk factor. The process is more resource intensive and so subversion is more economical and there is a chance that the animals could revert but they need them to subvert the original species. So they are watching them very closely.

So these Aliens have an ability to transform into different shapes as well. Also the Aliens are made up of enslaved creatures from other galaxies. Through purchase, conquered civilizations or just were born into working for this Evil Alien empire.

They have their eyes set on earth for their rich resources and now they understand the only way to enslave them and for them to be economically productive is if they are willing to. So now the humans are the goal being that they are the dominate care takers of the world.

Update:

I know its been a few days but I been very busy with hammering out the story line with the lead writer as well as recruiting team members so far we got 12 members, and That’s pretty awesome being that we started on this project 9 days ago.

Well the guys were pushing me for some concept art and really it put a big slow down on the project. Didn’t realize how important concept art was to the progress of a project. So being that we haven’t had any concept artist recruits, I had to relearn how to draw. So here is the resulting “Mother Ship City”. Enjoy.

Update:

Ok Once again I’m called to concept, but this time it’s for the character modeler. Honestly I don’t mind doing the concept art because It gives me more control over the look and feel of the film. I would have called the real concept artist but I was so busy today lining up the rest of the team and doing concepts I totally forgot. Oh well there is always tomorrow. :wink: Enjoy.

Update:

Today I spent a little more time on the Teenager character concept for Epic Sheep Tale. After looking at references on how this type of clothing wrinkles when worn I was bettrr able to spend time refining the look I was after. Now the trick is getting it on into a 3D model.

Looking great so far! :slight_smile:

Update:

Here are some concepts I came up with for the farmer boy character displaying a wild side and taking his poor little sheep along for the ride of his life. I’m not sure we can fit this into the story line but it sure would be fun.

Update:

Just a small bit of what a good team can do. I was concepting an idea on photoshop and gave it to the modeler and this is the result. Good Job Iago. Top notch for sure :wink:

I love the materials you put on my equipment Iago! I am so glad to see that this is still working out newbz, keep us posted!

Looking great!

JustNat’s (animators and game makers) YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5lfGxgZblnb0eB93l4VNgQ

Thank you! The team is really working hard to make this happen. Just goes to show that anything is possible if you set your mind to it.

Update:

Piotr_Kolecki from Poland joined us yesterday and his first project was to model an old water tower and this is the awesome result. Great Job Piotr!

Update:

I’ve been spending the last few days watching tutorials on concept drawing and now have a better understanding of the techniques the pros use. Here is my first attempt at using two point perspective for an environment concept.