Challenge #631 (24/7/15) Entries CLOSED

Theme #631 for Friday 24th of July 2015 is: size

Entry closes at 22:30 GMT or 16:30 CST, Monday 27th of June 2015.

Title: “Screw”
Rendered in Cycles, 50 samples, the yellow background I made in GIMP2.

PURE ENTRY

Cheers :slight_smile:

The beauty of size

Hello,
This is my PURE entry “Solar prominence”. The idea was to show Earth visible from Mars over the surface of the Sun when prominence occured to show how big it can be. The sizes and distances are physically correct mostly. I have used cycles with lot of fire. Hope you like it.
Waiting for other ideas to see the theme potential.

Have you tried to do the whole solar system to scale… some what disappointing, well annoying if I remember right.

No I did Sun 1 blender unit wide and scaled other distances and sizes assuming that sun size 1unit = ~1,4m km. So I created only Sun, Earth with volume scatter atmosphere and camera. Long time of fire simulation and rendering was the worst thing.

Here is my non-competing entry:

Scaling the Cube

http://www.artofinterpretation.com/images3/wc631-ScalingTheCube-byrjt2015.jpg

Pure Blender (simple cube + empty-oriented array and wireframe modifier; raw OpenGL render with matcap and viewport DOF enabled).

RobertT

@3dnotguru, your entry is my favorite so far. I love working with volumetrics, I would do it more often if it didn’t tend to crash my computer. I’m also very fond of simulations.

Sculpting exercise…while i can improve the small details i think the overall look won’t improve much more, for now.

Pure entry: Oversized mane

This image too is OpenGL+matcap+blender compositor :slight_smile:

gainz

This time I forewent rigging, just pure mesh editing. I’m relatively happy with the result.
Pure entry, cycles, 2000 samples.

“Crystal Bonsai”
Cycles. 1200 samples.

Just a little taller…

Pluto, Dwarf Planet!
pure, cycles (300 samples), blender only

gn8

Nice HDRI.

Big Fish
Pure Blender entry:

Landing Zone
Pure Cycles 200 samples.