Hair Particles

I have done hair before and created fur on some animals… I’m trying to create a mane on a horse … my first horse… still learning all this modeling stuff… had to redo the horse about 4 times before I got this… anyway… trying to create a mane… been online looking for a tutorial that might help but not found one yet… I took a section of the horse and copied it… than added a particle system to it for hair… set it u and went to the particle edit area and tried to comb the mane down so it lays down the neck of the horse… but it won’t lay down… it goes out the side bug not down … I’ve changed different settings trying to make it work like a horses mane… is there a tutorial I can watch to do this… or can you tell me how best to create a mane on the horse… I hope it is uploaded right… not sure if I was supposed to do something special to the file with the particle system before uploading…

thank you appreciate your help…

Barbara

Attachments

Horse.blend (1.14 MB)

Okay… been playing with it… got it working by assigning vertex group instead of copying the section and adding the hair particles to it… I had tried to use vertex group to add hair to a character before and couldn’t get it to work right so saw a tutorial where they copied the section you wanted hair on … did that with my giraffe I made because I couldn’t get the vertex working right… this time it worked okay… … I am trying to learn Blender and this box modeling thing… Been creating some cars using Planes and molding each piece separately… … here is image of my first horse and my ford model-T 1920… still working on trying to get them looking more realistic… maybe one day I will get there… I sit for hours working on it at times…
appreciate all the help people give here… I’ve used the forum when I have become stumped and can’t find what I need online… you all are great… thank you :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

have a good day.
Barbara

Attachments