Nissan GTR 35R

Hey Guys

I Started this Project about 4 Weeks ago, this is my first car i’ve ever made and im still working on.
I think that the Nissan came out quite good for my first try, im not Finished yet but i will be soon.
In Blender i’ve made Two Layers, one with a normal Nissan and the other with some Tuning attachments.

Untuned

Tuned

The Topology is quite bad thats why some of the reflection looks weird but its still w.i.p :slight_smile:

If you have any advice for me, i realy could need some. :slight_smile:

-Jeroe

Attachments

Here is the car From behind :slight_smile:

And here is the Car material I’ve used.

you can easly change the colour with this node which is nice :slight_smile:

just another render :wink:

Mesh is not soft enough, so there are some strange reflections IMO

Thanks
Do you know an easy why to do so ??
I mean moddifier and stuff because a already used
supdivision surface modifier already.

Not bad for your first attempt. If you post the wireframe it will be easier to suggest improvements. With cars, you want to get the basic mesh (before subsurf) to be as low poly as possible, then let the subsurf smooth things out. Try and use only quads, so that you get continuous edge loops, and clean topology.

i like the color of the dark blue, well done!

Thanks mate
To begin with the Powfoot make sense, I never thought of that.
I will post the wireframe as soon as possible :slight_smile:

What I would recommend, is just completely retopologizing the mesh, to make the faces as large and even as you can get away with without loosing detail. I think this is probably the easiest way to get a clean mesh from a messier one.

You’re car paint feels a bit too reflective to me. I think you’re top layer should have a bit more roughness, and be toned down a bit more, to let the bottom layer in a bit more. I would basically just recommend just looking at lots of reference images.

Lastly, I’d like to mention that I’m currently a failed car modeler (as in I haven’t actually finished a car model), so I’m not the most experienced person to be giving advice.

Sorry, autocorrect :confused: Powfoot means lowpoly xD

Here is the wireframe of my car.

if anyone knows a way to change the weird reflections, i could need some tips :slight_smile:

Thanks for posting the wires. I would recommend watching some tutorials on car modelling, there are plenty here: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=blender+car+modeling
The main ponits are:
-Use good reference images/blueprints as backgrounds
-Keep a smooth mesh with good edge flow (edge loops follow the lines of the car)
-Keep the detail low. You can add detail once you have a smooth base mesh
-Take your time - car modelling isn’t easy and requires lots of patience!

As TARDIS said, it would probably be too much work to change this mesh, but consider it when making your next car :slight_smile:

I’m not seeing very many edge loops actually following the flow of the car, and there are lots of bumps. Just look at the wire, anywhere where the edge is jagged, it’s most likely a bump. The edges should be as smooth as possible, and they need to follow the form of the car.

Also, you shouldn’t have the entire car model as one object. It should be several objects, each it’s own piece. This helps get rid of unnecessary edge loops, and removes bumps. It also makes the mesh easier to work with.

Very nice.

Thanks for that reply
Right now Im Do a retopology of my car l, its Not done yet but it looks much better.
to have several pieces is a great idea, because with the New Topology i got the Problem that there are many unnessesary edge loops which i would not need.
I’ll Post a wireframe of my new Topology as soon as its done :slight_smile:

I would model the car again from scratch. Retopology won’t make any difference or help with the modeling.
Retopology is for sculpting and (game ready) lowpoly model convertions. Hard surface modeling should be good and straight from the beginning and it’s also easier that way to work with.
Your car isn’t so bad for the first attempt. Just keep on modeling, watching tutorials and modeling more! Keep on going!

I didn’t realize this. @Jeroe: Listen to him, he has a lot more experience than I do.

Sorry m8 but in this case he’s wrong.
I retopologized the whole car and it looks way better than before.
With my new Topology it’s possible for me to make some new details and the mesh is not that Messy like before which means way better reflections and stuff.
I’m not done yet with the whole retopology but I will post new renders as soon as possible :wink:

Tardis, What could have been done better from the start? Just curious because I would like to know if there is a specific method or is it just trial and error.