Transparent background on 2.75 + Question about speeding test on big scenes

Hi guys, newbie here. I just updated my Blender version to the 2.75.

1-
As far as i rememember there was a ‘Shading’ section on the Render panel to change the background to a transparent one (I only used it one time so im not sure if this was the right way to do it).

Seems like the developers changed it, since i can’t find that section anymore on the new version.
I would like to know if someone of u knows how to get those transparent backgrounds on the 2.75.

2-
The other question is if there’s a way to divide a scene into multiple parts and render them individualy, getting faster renders.

I was using multiple Scenes and combining them with Alpha over’s (that’s why i wanted the transparent backgrounds) But when i render the scene, Blender renders every scene again. I want to know if there’s a way to save one of those renders and keep using that one, instead of rendering the whole scene again and again everytime i try to render the part im editing.

Thank you.

As far as i rememember there was a ‘Shading’ section on the Render panel to change the background to a transparent one (I only used it one time so im not sure if this was the right way to do it).
Set Shading / Alpha to transparent

I was using multiple Scenes and combining them with Alpha over’s (that’s why i wanted the transparent backgrounds) But when i render the scene, Blender renders every scene again. I want to know if there’s a way to save one of those renders and keep using that one, instead of rendering the whole scene again and again everytime i try to render the part im editing.
In the compositor you can mute a render layer node by pressing M with the mouse over the node
Or render the scene to an image an use an Image Input node to load that image back into the compositor
Or in the scene render layers disable the render layer

Apparently my Shading section is so shy and doesnt wanna show itself.

Anyways i solved it checking ‘Transparency’ on Film

About the second question, I’m using an Image as an input as u mentioned. It’s so beautyfull. That’s saving me a lot of time.

Thanks so much for this one, I love you so much. I owe u.

You are using the Cycles render not the Blender Renderer so in this case the Film / Transparent option is used

About the second question, I’m using an Image as an input as u mentioned. It’s so beautyfull. That’s saving me a lot of time.
If you render to a OpenEXRMultilayer file you will still have access to any render layers and passes saved in the file