The Sword, The Mage and the Archer

Inspired by the “Conan the Barbarian” films and “Golden Axe” video games I decided to give a try to the Sword and Sorcery theme.

I think I’m finally getting somewhere. My main focus was to keep everything clear and easy to read. To make it so I gave distinct colors for all the directions. Left comes yellow, right comes purple, top blue and bottom dark gray. Also the images gains saturation from background to foreground. In top of all that the perspective (a bit forced I know) reinforces the dept.

I’ve also tried to make distinct characters, with distinct colors so, the man barbarian is yellow, the cat is wine/grey, the wolf girl is pink and the dwarf girl is red/grey. I guess the cat and the dwarf are a bit similar chromatic wise, but I was afraid to break the overhaul mood.
So what you think?

great style!

Thanks! I’m glad you enjoyeed it :slight_smile:

Great work! Few critiques, to help you out; I feel studying anatomy a bit more would be very helpful for you. That is an ongoing process though, and I feel like you’re already working on that :slight_smile: A bit more importantly (in my opinion, at least) the poses are a bit stiff; it could definitely be worse, but trying to work on that would add a lot of life into this! Even with those things, it’s still quite impressive, and well done!

Hey MasterOfToday,
Thank you very much for the help, I’m glad you liked it! :slight_smile:
You’re absolutely right on all your critiques!
My next painting will be focused on that points.

Great work rogper, I like the colors and the overall feeling. Keep it up.

As for critique, I agre with everything MasterOfToday say. If I should add anything, work more on the perspective, as it is now, everything feels rather 2d, there is no sense of depth to the characters. I think the bow and the cats hand is to big, compare to the girl in front at the right. And to me it feels like the pickaxe at the bottom left is just hanging in the air?

Hey Mikael K,
Thank you very much for the comment!
Next time will be better :slight_smile: