FL!P - A Game About Perspective

Hi y’all!
I’ve been using blender as a hobbyist for over 5 years now and so i thought it was about time that I made something of my own. So this is what I came up with. :confused: btw its really addicting. (for me at least)
FL!P is a puzzle game with a simple feel. Using only two buttons, the player must manipulate BOB (that green cube) to the yellow block to finish the level. But wait – don’t touch those red blocks!
I’ve implemented many things like buttons and a simple menu screen. ALSO everything you see (even the logo at the start) is gameplay in the BGE.

NOTE: The game looks much better in 60fps – when i upload the next video I’ll do it in 60fps.

If the community shows enough interest in FL!P then I’ll definitely drop a demo for you to try!
Any feedback is greatly appreciated. :smiley: Thanks!

2nd NOTE: This game is still very much in alpha.

-- DALLIANCE INTERACTIVE --

I really like this! The style in game and on the menu is really nice, and it has got a very interesting mechanic! Keep at this! I want to see what this becomes!

Nice work dallianceceint! I´d like to play this. Please send a file! :yes:

Looks great! I like the simple mechanics of it.
Maybe you could find another way of turning the level, because if you do fast turns it´s getting very epileptic. Maybe fix the camera/level and only rotate the cube (if that doesn´t screw up the controls).
And you could maybe add some 2D filters to improve the style of the game a little bit and make it look more unique.
Looking forward to a demo!

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Maybe you could find another way of turning the level, because if you do fast turns it´s getting very epileptic. Maybe fix the camera/level and only rotate the cube (if that doesn´t screw up the controls).

I wanted the player to feel like they were controlling the direction of gravity, and not the cube itself. As far as epilepsy, I could reduce the focal length of the camera so there is less motion when you turn the camera. But I’m not sure if that’ll do much.

And you could maybe add some 2D filters to improve the style of the game a little bit and make it look more unique.

If you have any in mind that would be great! In addition to filters I may experiment with textures as well as some lighting in the game.

I compiled a demo so if you want you can check it out.
Linux x86 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0ZTuKqkHLTQUjBNSEg1NDJCYTA/view?usp=sharing
Windows x64 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0ZTuKqkHLTQcEMyUGtIaVVabUE/view?usp=sharing

Thanks!

• DALLIANCE INTERACTIVE -

A Game About Perspective

Is it though? Isn’t it more like switching the direction of gravity?

Nice concept! If you’re lookimg for more gameplay ideas how about a red object in the maze that moves in the same way as the green one? So you have to avoid them crashing.

It would be cool if the red things looked like something too, like slime or crystals instead of blocks…

It would be cool if the red things looked like something too, like slime or crystals instead of blocks…

I created a simple texture and mapped it onto the “red things”

If you’re lookimg for more gameplay ideas how about a red object in the maze that moves in the same way as the green one? So you have to avoid them crashing.

I like the idea! I’ll make sure to try that.

Per the request of a friend, I experimented with making the game splitscreen. Here’s my result:

Now you can race your friends!

Thanks for the feedback everybody! :smiley:

- DALLIANCE INTERACTIVE -

After the main menu, I can only see a black screen and the timer at the bottom right of the screen. Is it a problem of my computer, maybe?

Yeah so it turns out that my executables are not working :o.
So if you go into assets the .blend file is there and you can try it out…

Yes! Now it works! I had some problems exporting my files to an executable too.:frowning:
It’s really addicting. And it’s not easy. I’ve had real problems to beat the first stage, so I went to the blend file and changed the right arrow and the left arrow. It suits better to me. There could be a way to choose this on options menu. But the real problem is that I am too anxious, and when the situation is really tense I start to tap the keyboard totally out of control! “Come on! Come on!!! Don’t touch this red thing (sound of me destroying the keyboard) NOOOOOOO!!!” hahahahaha

Hahaha nice work man! I think I get the style you were going for. Looks like a classic, enjoyable
2D indie. Done something like this myself in Game Maker. Congrats for the smooth gameplay
and graphics.