How do I transfer Particles and Cycle Render simulations to BGE ?

Hello,

Before yesterday, I thought if I could make a huge landscape. I searched here and there, and I was reading tutorials around. I learn the nodes in Cycle Render ( btw coolest Internal -Engine :slight_smile: ) , and also read / saw on Baking Textures ( :eek: awesome thing I ever seen on Blender ) and transfer them to the BGE . And I tested all these things in little scenes.

Now the problem (more the doubt) : I added a grid mesh ( 400x400 and I add scale to a factor of 20 :cool:, I want to go WILD on this ^^ ). So I making the montains and the landscape and I had a idea:

• " Why not make a volcano in the middle of the landscape ? That would be fantastic , would cause him to be the " center of attention " , with that smoke and lava spewing everywhere !" -

But then I thought:

• " Yeah, yeah … And how can you transfer the particles and the simulation Cycle Render to BGE ? " Cycle Render to BGE , with textures and models is easy. And the particles ? I make them in Cycle Render and there is some way to transfer them to the BGE ? Or I do them in the BGE ?

( PS.: Excuse me if this is a stupid question and of course , sorry for my bad English . ) :o

Any smoke or particle effects in any game engine are usually faked with a textured plane that is always facing the player and usually has an animated alpha channel (so it fades out over time). You can’t exactly bake a particle system. The closest you could get would be to render out something around 20 frames and then created an animated UV texture that will replay the rendered frames.

Thatimster,

hmmm … okok , so I’ll find a few more tutorials, mostly about particles . And according to what you’re saying , it is preferable to do the particles in the very BGE ?

(PS.: By the way one of the tutorials on Baking I saw was yours! :slight_smile: Good Job! )

You will need to build a complete particle from scratch (quite complex) however there are some simple alternatives (my other videos):
fire + smoke:

fireflies:

Depends what type of effect you want.

Thatimster,

If it is complex , it’s nothing that scares me :)!I 've been watching this tutorial:
<strong>

And I liked a lot the quality of the particles , is that if I follow the tutorial and do this in BGE will have the same quality ? Or better yet .. I am able to do ? ( since they are two different Engines ? :eek:) Thank you for the answers to my doubts!