Enabling UV Textures in Blender Internal Question (Version 2.7)....

I haven’t been active on here in a long time, but I’ve got a project whose deadline just got bumped up (to tomorrow evening).

I need to make a simple animation. I’ve already done the leg work, I’ve unwrapped the mesh, lined everything up in the UV editor and in the textured view, everything looks fine. Unfortunately, when I go to render in Blender Internal, I just get a grey material.

It’s my fault for not keeping up with the latest changes, but I’m in a bind and need some help now.

In the past, there was a UV texture one could use, but that has disappeared it seems.

I’m thinking it’s some ridiculous button that I need to click to enable UV’s in the render, but I’ve tried 2 hours worth of combinations and haven’t figured it out.

Any help would be much appreciated.

In Blender 2.74, in the properties of your material, in the Options panel, there is a box ‘Face Textures’.
You should tick it and the textures will appear at render with Blender Internal.
But the best way I think is to create some textures for your material in the textures tab, and select ‘UV’ for the mapping.
This way your textures will also appears in the real time viewport in the material mode.

Description didn’t include material assigned textures so that is probably what is wrong. Materials get assigned to mesh faces and each can use multiple textures, which map on the model using with texture coordinates (UV, other). The textures influence material properties/appearance.

Okay, I found Face Textures in the options panel, but that just gives me a black material.

I’ve tried looking for UV mapping under “textures” and haven’t found anything. Is there another spot I should look?

Yes, yes it did. I can’t seem to find the option to assign UV texture coordinates.

Okay, apparently the box I needed to check was “Face Textures”, as stated by Monolitum. Then I needed to go to Mapping under a new texture and there I can check UV coordinates.

Wow. A lot has changed since the last time I had to do something like this.

I think you should not use the “Faces Textures”. I talked about this option because it is fast and you can see instantly the textures (I would better say the images) you have assigned on your mesh in the render.
The best solution is to create a texture for your material:
Select the image you want to use for the texture in the image panel, check that the type of mapping is ‘UV’ for this texture.
Untick the “Faces Textures” option of you material
Put your viewport display mode in material, and the shading mode in GLSL.
Your material and your texture should display in real time approximately the same that in the render.
You also need to add some lights (it can be a reason why the model stays black)