Beta Testers for perfect web CMS

Howdy guys, I hope I’m posting in the right forum.

But I need some beta testers for my perfect CMS which will surpass Wordpress as the go to for web development.

I’m looking specifically on feedback for PHP coding, css and js. (including is the code neat and readable, easy to understand). So no newbies please. Only if you’re a master with PHP and html I look forward to hearing from you, specifically those familiar with codeigniter. (Please don’t comment on laravel, codeigniter workflow works for me … that’s all there is to it)

I also want feedback on the UX, how it looks, how easy it is to install, div padding and spacing consistencies. For this anyone can chime in.

Also any bug fixes or requests may be considered.

Everything is in it’s alpha stages so nothing is polished per se. It’s a WIP and I am the only coder.

Who’s interested? I’m sending the link by PM only.

Well, you explicitly asked for php and html “masters” - how many of those are there around here?

Other than that, perhaps a more modest approach might have gotten you a better response?
A “perfect” CMS that will “surpass Wordpress”? Come on, those are bold words, indeed.

Don’t get me wrong here, perhaps your new CMS is the best thing since sliced bread, but talking that big of something that is in it’s very early stages might throw people off because they think you’re just another of the very many internet loudmouths and show-offs.

Just my $0.02…

I like the moxie, it is the spirit that build the bridge.

Writing a simple CMS isn’t that tough. I can be done by a lone wolf, and it can written such as to allow a person to create and organize web assets quickly and efficiently. What is extremely difficult:

1. Getting people to use it, test it and debug it
  2. Testing it on the gamut of client platforms out there.
  3. Keeping it going over time.

Can I send you a link? You just need a lamp/wamp stack to install and test on localhost. Testers should be familiar with this.

I agree the maintenance issue is the biggest issue but that’s why I’m making a plea for beta testers.

What kind of license are you releasing the code under?
Are you releasing all source files?
Do you have docs?

If it’s a decent OSS license
If all source is included
If there are decent docs

Then I might be bale to take a quick look, but I doubt I have much time to put into it. I like and support your efforts but just have a ton of stuff going on right now.

At the moment I’m unsure on the license, as it confuses me to be honest, GPL MIT, I don’t know, I’m allowing others to download and modify as they so wish, but to be honest, I have the right to pull and re-license, as well, I’m the owner :smiley:

That being said I love open source and my original plan was open source free to use, modify and do whatever.

But just for the time being, until I get proper testers, people that do know PHP and JS and CSS well enough, and basic UX comments I’m kinda stuck in beta stages, I reckon another month’s work should take it to it’s first alpha release.

Unfortunately it is not documented well at all. It a one click install. But yeah I’d love someone, well a lot of people to start reviewing and testing and bug testing as I’m sure stuff has gone unnoticed. And I’d appreciate your time especially if you know web dev and familiar with MVC (codeigniter).

I’m just pushing my updates and then I’ll send you over a link. Thanks.

BTW this is still open for other beta testers! So don’t be shy.

Hi guys sorry to bump this but I’m still in need of beta testers.

Don’t be shy :wink:

Hi guys, I can introduce the first alpha release of my perfect webcms, webcast below

http://recordit.co/ErScplTq0r

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. The cms can be downloaded on my github account. The CMS is MIT licensed.