Lego Minifigure

The classic, iconic Lego Minifigure modeled and rendered in Blender. As a child, Legos were an integral part of me and my play time :slight_smile: . I decided to model and render this for not only nostalgia, but also a short film I’m writing, to be called “AGGREGATE”. Although there is no story to this particular fellow at the moment, there will be one soon to come. Enjoy :slight_smile:

Specs for curious viewers:

Blender 2.74 Cycles
333 Samples @ 1080x1920 5mins 45secs (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST 2GB)
80mm Camera @ f/stop 128.00
Blue/Red Lighting Scheme w/ HDRi Studio Lighting
Infinite Background (Dark Grey)

Post Processing done in After Effects
-Fuji F125 Kodak 2393 LUT
-Levels Adjustment
-HSL Adjustment
-Curves Adjustment
-Kodak Vision 800T (5289) Film Grain
-2 Power Windows/Masks
-Vignette

Note: This is a VERY stylized Post Processed Image

Wireframe + Raw Image:

P.S
If requested, I can show a video breakdown of the whole render :slight_smile: Enjoy!

I think its come a long way from the original but you need more subdivision n the thighs (top)

I think what you are talking about is just the way the light is being reflected on the legs. But I appreciate it!

This is awesome! I have been wanting to make a minifigure in blender.

Thank you! Its quite easy to model, there are blueprints everywhere :slight_smile: the Material was most definitely the hardest part for me. Good luck!

how did you model the shoulders? that is the hardest part for me.

What I did is I used a UV Sphere for the top part of the arm/shoulder area, and then cut the sphere in half and extruded it as a cylinder to the hand area. It was frustratingly complicated but It seemed to have yielded a good result!

http://www.ldraw.org/

:wink:

I guess that way takes the fun out of modeling it from scratch :wink:

Plus the normals and origins are messed up. The models aren’t very clean either; they make nice reference though.

That should be a very interesting thing to work out. I’d imagine there has to be a way to correct all that so you don’t have to model from scratch if you are in a pinch

The belt area between the legs is too thin, and the edges all over are just too sharp. Does it have holes in the back?

It indeed has holes. Thank you for the critiques :wink: