[INPUT] Blender Keyconfig 2015

Cancelled this project.

Swapped the functionality of Shift and Ctrl+Shift when using Border Select.
Fixed the transform modal to incorporate S, D and F keys correctly

I am continuing work on this personally, if anyone would like a recent version of the key-map please send a private message and I will send you the recent iteration.

Sounds interesting. I’ve had a similar idea where grab/rotate/scale would be W/E/R (similar to 90% of 3d packages out there) and constraining to x,y,z would be assigned to A/S/D. This might sound weird (and is probably not true to blender) but I find the fact that those main operations and their constraints are scattered all over the place kinda screws up my flow. On the other hand I really like that you can perform those with shortcuts instead of widgets.
Do you think x,y,z constraints’ shortcuts can be changed? I couldn’t find a way and I assumed they must be hardcoded or something.

(note: this is something you’d like for my personal workflow! I am not trying to change blender’s ways :slight_smile: )

I believe that these keys may be changed in the transform modal key bindings, when you expand the specific transform key binding you should see another expandable catagory pertaining to the corresponding modal key bindings.

I have made several changes to the key-map over the past weeks, once I spend a bit of time improving the key map script itself I will republish the key-config.py repo on github.

Ah, thanks for the info, that’s very useful.
I’ll be sure to look into your remap when it’s ready.