Woodland [Stick Caravan] WIP

Hello!

I’m making this woodland scene, and I’m about finished up with the nature part of it–the next step is to add little literal stick people, who will be in a caravan and transporting their goods along the path and up into the tree. =) But while I work on that, I figured it would be useful to get feedback on this part. NOTE: the background is not final–it’s just an image of mine that I’m thinking of using, and yeah, it’s currently a little too out of focus. Plus I still need to add a few elements between the foreground and the background.

AO

What to say… you cheated, it’s a photo xD

What a nice idea. The grass and tree look very good, I think. Yes, the background is a little too blurry, but you already noticed this yourself. The foreground blur is also a little weird if you look at it closely - is it real DoF or post processed?
I’d also add a few trees/plants in the middle to make the transition from foreground to background smoother.
Other than that, there really isn’t much to say IMO; it looks great. I’m looking forward to your next update, those stick people sound adorable c: