Can't Change Sapling Tree Shape !

Hi !

I am basically a 14 years old game programmer.
I started learning 3D modeling a year ago as I need 3D models for my game.
I started with Cinema 4D but because it’s mainly for you know CINEMA and Motion Graphics I switched to Maya.
I used Maya for a while and it wasn’t as easy as Cinema 4D and when I read the topic on Digital-Tutors which discusses the question of “Should I use 3Ds Max or Maya ?” I knew that Maya has better animation tools while 3Ds Max has better modeling ones.
I got 3Ds Max but it lacked free high quality tutorials.
I knew about Blender from the beginning but “Blender is Free and it will not be as powerful as 3Ds Max which costs XXXX$” I thought but when I saw Blender Guru I changed my mind and decided to give Blender a try.
OK , Blender is relatively easy and extremely powerful and I am currently following Andrew Price’s tutorials (he is really an awesome guy !).
So , I am trying to make a Christmas tree using Sapling but I can’t change the tree’s shape !
I have an AMD card on my laptop (I’ll get a GTX 970 for my desktop soon) and Blender 2.75 and I enabled OpenCL Acceleration.

What can I do ?

Thanks in Advance

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Modeling”

It may be more helpful if you include images of what you have vs. what you’re trying to achieve.

Thnx for quick reply

This is what I am trying to achieve and what I get

Thnx again

Shape selector is allowed when there is more than 2 levels of branching (Branch Splitting - Levels) - read on Tooltip.

can anyone explain it better?****

Somehow irrelevant, since Sapling has changed from 2.76 times…
Back then it was like so: