Mega Man II Intro in Blender

I re-created the Mega Man II opening in Blender; but also tried to make this more movie-like by adding an Intro, main, and credits scene:

Please watch this in 1080p, since I rendered it at that resolution :wink:

I have several cool things with this animation:

3 scenes:

1. I created an Introduction “Shaunimation Studios” title scene.
  2. The main scene, which is a remake of the NES game Mega Man II Opening scene.
  3. A credits screen at the end.

Music:
The music was played/recorded by myself, in which I covered the MM2 opening song, and one of the Dr. Wily castle themes. I’m not perfect, but it gets the job done.

Typewriter affect: I used an addon from Bassam Kurdali to create a cool typewriter effect. Link to this is in the credits scene of the video.

Hope you all can enjoy this!

–Shaun

Not bad but, I think you are missing the mountains and the sky. Also, you could have just faded the words in and out. The typewriter effect felt off to me.

Yes, I am missing the mountains and the sky. Blender is a hobby for me, so there is only so much time I can spend on it. Still I try to create what’s in my mind the best I can :slight_smile:

My desire for using the typewriter effects comes as a tribute to the opening scene in Super Metroid when Samus is telling the back story. The real MM2 intro does use a fade in / fade out effect like you suggest. I’m not quite sure how to do that off the top of my head in Blender. Although I just did a quick tutorial search and basically one of them is suggesting to animate the transparency of a text material. Conceptually that makes sense to me.

–Shaun

You will have to do it in post production. Maybe in After Effects or in the Blender Video Editor.