iamthwee's sculpt sketch book

Hi guys,

So I couldn’t let you be having all this fun without joining in. I’ve never really done modelling so this is my foray into the world of sculpting and using retopoflow.

First a quick character doodle, I call him ‘cone head man.’ :slight_smile: Rendered in blender internal, approx 10 secs, with one light.

Attachments

WIP ***removed as I want to resculpt using multires :slight_smile:

Damn, I wish I’d known about the mult-res modifier, that way I could have scultped something and posed it instead of being left with a destructive mesh. I guess I’ll have to resculpt using the base mesh again.

Another quick doodle this time added some arms!

Hi guys, I think I’m going to sculpt on top of him and then try and create a NICE retopo’ed mesh for practice. My first attempts at retopo’ ing were seriously confusing and painstakingly slow so this will be good practice.

BTW any critiques are gladly welcomed!

Good start you can shade the polygons smooth for a more smooth looking result

Thanks for the helpful tip. Any other critiques welcome. Still unsure if I should try to rig him.

I’m just playing around with grease pencil and onion skinning on my wacom tablet. I will post a few screenshots when I figure out how to make an animated gif in photoshop :smiley:

Hi guys sorry but I was busy this week, managed to do a sculpt of my conehead guy. Basically I joined the meshes using alt + j then that allowed me to sculpt over him in dynotopo. Will post up my grease pen doodle but I still need to finish my perfect CMS which I hope will replace wordpress some day :smiley:

Comments and crit most welcome. :wink:

Fun with grease pencil.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]389183[/ATTACH]

C&C welcome.

Attachments

Well, there are some problems, like the too short nose, and the not quite perfect cloth material, but that’s pretty good for a thwee year old.
I hope to see more of your work soon!:smiley: