Wooden Mech

Something I’ve been working on for a bit. some of you may have seen the development stages. Experimenting with procedural textures. I think it turned out quite well.

Constructive C&C always welcome.

I love the shaders, they all make it fit together. Can you post some pics of them? Wood and metal.

Hey, this is great. And, brings a smile. Are you finding procedural textures are keeping render times down. This thingy needs to be animated mate. If only for twelve seconds or so.

I will try and put together a mini tut on the materials. :slight_smile:

I haven’t noticed much of a difference in the render times, but then again my final render was at 1920x1080 at 300% and 1000 samples on 9.5 million verts, so everything was slow.

As for animating it, here is a short sequence from my non procedural version. https://youtu.be/ttFDUe5DUUU

Ha :), very nice!
This could easily be a nice character in steam punk version of Don Quixote!
Funny stories come to mind… :yes: … and times are just right.
Thank you very much.

I’m trying to think of words that can describe this. oh, wait, I know…

Awesome.

Love the style of this mech! Nice animation too. Would be great to see this thing pounding on its foes. :yes:

Nice work!:slight_smile:

excellent idea and nicely done

Cool model, with great details!
i especially like the sophisticated mechanic of the legs, as if you thought about every detail. ^^
The background is a bit flat and unnatural, but i think that wasnt your focus at all.
It would fit perfectly into Warhammer fantasy.:yes:

Cool, if you write something can I read it?

Haha thanks.

Yeah, I’ve sketched a couple of mech clashing poses. I was thinking of a mediaeval tournament melee. Although I need workout my approach.

Yeah I’m not great with backgrounds.

Thank you.

I love the flaking paint on the shields! If that’ procedural that’s incredible. The color palette is really nice too I think. Overall its a really nice image to look at.

Yeah its all procedural, except the sky. I couldn’t make a convincing sky. I’m going to make a mini tutorial on some of the bits from this project. The paint is one of them.

Fantastic model and shading.
lovely texture.

i wish the pose was little more dynamic (I think the legs pose could be better).
great job anyway

Aww thanks mate. You are probably right about the pose.