www.episcura.com

Hey all,
I am from www.episcura.com, we recently noticed a lot of activity from this forum to our site. For those of you who have not visited we are a royalty free texture site with thousands of seamless high res images,textures and HDRI as well as some stock photography. You can get a free account which allows the downloading of 15mb daily.

I wanted to ask the users here what they would like to see more of, and what is most valuable to you as artists.

We are adding images weekly, and some new things we will be adding are 16 bit plates with newly shot HDRI, contests, and a free page that will be free of bandwidth usage.
Let us know what you would like to see!

I will drop a link when the free page is ready in a couple weeks. And keep the forums updated on any new events and contests.
Thanks for the support and I have to add the art here is pretty amazing and impressive!
Team Episcura

sorry the noob question, but how can you tell a “forum” visited your webpage? a forum isnt a persona/entity…links?

A webpage can tell the owner where the traffic is coming from, as it can collect data on all aspects regarding traffic to and from the site. And it will have told them that a lot of people went directly from this site to their webpage.

Anyway… i think this thread should probably be in either the “off topic chat” section or the “blender and cg discussion” section of the site.

A browser transmits the web address of the last visited page, i.e. the page that holds the link that the user just clicked on, to the new server. A stats program can analyse those so called referrers and give info to the site owner about the last visited page before people came to the site.

/
||

What i would of said if i knew what i was talking about more lol :slight_smile:

You were quite correct, i just refined it a bit. :slight_smile:

I should have referred to your post, sorry. No offense meant.

Moved from “Latest News” to “Blender and CG Discussions”

Seems like a useful site.

But is there any reason I should use this over CGtextures?

We have analytics which tell us where people visit our site from.
We want to help you guys out as much as we can, so please let us know what you would like to see, if you like the site, etc!
Thanks guys!

textures of skin, human,
…ehm maybe you should put some models on your site then too, some basic human characters with basic skin textures.
I understand your not a model site, but the small ones are not that large, and then could work perfectly with your textures.
(maybe ask people who make models here), personally i sometimes just only need a person to fill up the scene, not as a main subject.

Floors (often we need to present something 3D on the most basic environment… ea a floor )
Industrial floors, house floors, outside floors, road floors, or grass
marble and other type of natural stones and granites.
various wood types.
various walls stone, concrete.

preferably with some uv bump map

Also

evironment pictures (360 degree pictures). [edit : good you allready have that a lot !!! ]

• like in nature, city, vilage, various clouth wheater types.

Signs and posters.

• this is always a bit hard for us since we dont like to steal others people art, and are unsure if its ok to use others work.
    But we need to get these things to make out door scenes real.
  • well the usual Danger / radioactive /corosive /laser level warning.
  • posters as old concert posters (can be fake), but alo posters of pamflets ea stop atomic bomb, stop racism etc, those.
  • various wallpapers, for all those indoor scenes. (old, modern, …etc etc).
  • small peaces of text, as on pill description, newspaper, wine bottles, exits, allerts, machinery instructions, safety instructions etc.

fabrics and grunge

• textile
  • wear and tear, sometimes these are just a kind of noise maps, (skin vains maps etc).
  • rust, dirt, (preferable on quite monotome background, since we do the metal effect mostly in cycles (only the rust part)

Also 2D based textures (flat textures of walls etc)

Oh and thanks for doing this !!! i bookmarked your site

@Razorblade - +1, That’s basically everything i would be looking for too.

Very good website! Well, I would agree with my colleagues here if you was the only website doing this, but there are plenty of website with really good textures now. Thing is, they are all from old generation. Making pseudo bump/normal/spec/etc. maps with things like bitmap2material or crazybump from such 2D photographs was nice some years ago, but now we need real 3D and tileable. Like https://www.allegorithmic.com/products/substance-database. If you could make good maps pack (instead of only diffuse), it would be really nice, something no other free website I know of has.
Easier to say than to do, but it would really make the difference if you can.
Regards

Isn’t the substance pack just textures that have been pre-run through bitmap2material or hand-edited for other map types?

Personally, I’d never use secondary maps from a texture site. Too hard to get the look you want, and it’s often renderer dependent anyhow. I’m mostly after base patterns and swatches I can tile or paint onto a surface. I can adjust them myself to get the bump/normal or roughness or whatever values I need.

@J_the_Ninja - Base patterns and swatches are also good, but remember that not everyone is as skilled when it comes to texture creation. It would be nice to have the choice of both swatches/bases and full textures.

Didn’t know about this texture site, lovely! And really good with the filter buttons, so you can look for a texture and filter only seamless ones. I think that helps a lot.

I would like to have normals, specs, bump even if they’re generated. I think that is a great idea. But guessing it needs almost a pipeline and to be automated for you guys who run the site to be able to back-track the catalogue of already existing textures.

Actually I can see this overtaking CG textures, bookmarking this awesome website.

I know two things that most people will appreciate,

If there were more categories of wood, divided into different species that would be much appreciated.
if every texture had been split up from normal,spec and diffuse(very hard to implement but would be great.)

Hey All,
Thank you so much for the feedback.
the team is going to go over all of it and we will see what we can do for everyone. It’s very helpful!
I will keep you all updated as best I can.
And let you all know when our free page is up(should be sometime next week)

Sorry guys, we are trying to get that free page up but there have been some slight delays, we are almost there. Ill drop a line and let everyone know when it’s ready!

Hey guys,
Free page is live!
Check it out here:
http://episcura.com/p/370_a9a6af48
Sorry for the delays!

Great thanks, 3 free genuinely high quality HDRIs