Lonely Island (I will come up with a better name sometime)

Life on the Lonely Island is boring, not much action, the most interesting thing is the cave. Amir (Name subject to change) wants to be an adventurer but there is no way to find adventure other than to visit the caves, until monsters start to appear in the caves and Guardsmen from a nearby Island are called to protect the fishermen. Amir and his Shield and Sword (found from is adventures in the cave) start his adventures by saving a young child who was dragged into the caves by several monsters - This will bring Amir onto many new challenges when a ship crash lands on the Lonely Island…

Entire Island

Cave

Tree

Things done:
First Person Character
-Sword
-Shield
Guards (currently one patrolling)
Slimes
Houses (I am not looking forward to texturing the houses)
Trees
Cave
Roads
Docks
Boats
Crates
Water (no swimming yet)
Bushes

Not done:
Inside cave
More population
More Islands
House texture
More environment
Surely a lot more things…

Thanks to Blueprintrandom for the Patrol system.

Thanks for reading and any comments

Fredstash

I must beg of you, flat shade those houses!! Please! :eek:

Amir and his Shield and Sword (found from is adventures in the cave) start his adventures by saving a young child who was dragged into the caves by several monsters - This will bring Amir onto many new challenges when a ship crash lands on the Lonely Island…

Dangerously close to the plot of the Wind Waker… I love it!
Looking forward to more updates!

Everyone loves wind waker, I wouldn’t want to ruin the game, any idea’s on how to change the story so it still moves around the island. Maybe a journey though the cave to somewhere special. If anyone has any idea’s just tell me.

Oh no, don’t let that stop you from whatever you were planning!
You can never go wrong with Zelda, if anything it’d be a plus.

I am more looking for ways to distance myself from copying, and I think my idea is far enough away, also I did flat shade the houses (smoothing has become a habit)

Edit: I am also going to change the dock because the wood boards are too big, it should be pretty easy to fix.

Thanks for the comments

Today I got some more work in I am currently just populating the Island.

Fishermen (some more around and some in boats

Flat shaded houses (and patrolling guards)

Guards (Green one is the HeadGuard)

Things done:
another patrolling guard
changed the docks to look “more” realistic
Fishermen
Head Guard (they all use the same base model with different textures)

Not Done:
Health system (maybe mana bar eventually)
enemies
more detailed storyline
more environment
house texturing
etc.

Thanks for reading and comments

Fredstash

The water is visible through trees/terrain. If trees/terrain has transparency on, it can cause it.

Thanks for telling me, I wasn’t paying attention I fixed it now.

This sometimes happens when you see transparent object through transparent object.

To fix this you go to game settings and go to the tab under alpha blend and set it to “alpha blend”. I already fixed it.

something about Transparency in Blender:eyebrowlift2:
good luck and keep up

http://www.katsbits.com/tutorials/blender/scene-view-alpha-transparency.php

I didn’t finish much today, but I am doing tutorials on how to make animated water, I am pretty close to done with the animated water. If it doesn’t work I will ask around here.

Thanks for all the comments and for looking

Fredstash

I tried using animated water normalmaps, but only thing they caused was a lot of lag., so I prefer martinsh water. You may prefer flat blue animated texture for your game style, although martinsh watershader would look good too.

I’ll see how mine looks when I’m done with it, I like to do things myself before using other peoples stuff. (unless it requires python)

A good water is made using GLSL shaders. Usually it requires scripting, but AFAIK you can do most of the same using nodes.

Stuff has been going pretty slow, I made water that animated but it doesn’t look quite right and there are obnoxious lines going between each tile.

Stuff is moving slowly but surely

First Person view (there is also a blue meter under the red one, for when you use the shield, though it doesn’t completely work yet)

Just another top view

Newly textured houses!!!

Things Done:
Animated texture water (not very good, but in place for now)
textured houses
set up lampposts
Health and Shield Meter (maybe eventually a Mana meter)

Things to be done:
Create more enemies
Fix shield meter to work
create more levels
other fun stuff I can’t think of

Thanks for all the views and comments

Fredstash

Not very many things happend today, but I finished a new enemy.

A blind cave Goblin/Demon thing

There is a lot left to work on and I will keep moving forward, don’t worry I will keep moving forward

Thanks for all the comments and views

Fredstash

I didn’t have any time to work today either, but I redesigned the Health bar, and a cloudy sky.

I will keep working on things stated above.
Thanks for all the views

Fredstash