New Video

New Version V3: Click Here

Old Version V2:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ny6praqbck58133/Car%20Engine.zip?dl=0

The community can do what ever they want with it :yes:

It will be nice if you guys can post improvements on this too

Have a nice day and sorry for my English

Hello
probably I’m missing something, but your file weights 58 MB and when opened there’s only one car, a plane, and no textures?
Anyway, thank you.
Bye

There were very large textures used for an object I created it must have been packed it to the file. I can fix that and your welcome

EDIT - I brought it down to 20 Mb :wink:

New version is out now :slight_smile:

Nice work!

very usefull template. but there is something wrong with the steering. if you put an image on the ground, you can see it. if you steer to the right and then release the button, the car goes a little bit to the right, only one degree or so. i have tested it on blender 2.74

edit it can happen if you steer to the left also, but as far as i recognized it only at high speed.

edit: seems to be more than one degree. i made a1024x1024 texture and put it on the groundplane with a multiplier of 70. it happens to the side you steer first. the other side will steer well than.
i have tried to check the code, but i don’t know much python even though it looks like java quite often.

Thanks guys :smiley:

I know what your talking about and I do not know how to fix that, I didn’t write the car script :frowning:

But you don’t have to use the car I’ll upload a tutorial on how to use this on your own vehicle :wink:

ok . pretty sad,because the physics of the car look really cool. so lets say: if anybody is out there who knows how to fix the problem, help would be appreciated

Try messing around with it, try changing the car controls from message to keyboard

:slight_smile:

wheni find the time, i will. but i got 4 running projects now. one is another car-engine and one is the simple car modell made by thetimster i think. i plan to change the modell so you can use it in skategames and icehockeygames, everything that runs with upright human characters that move with car like characteristics.

Version 3 COMING SOON!!! :smiley:

I have customised your script for my buggy, i will upload a video shortly:
I will add the link when its on youtube.

Hello, my name is Hack0re, i did a custom version of your work (A buggy, with many improvement), please watch my video (im french but i did the video in english), i just have a little issue, see python console and my explanation on the video.
The problem is when my ray sensor no longer detect the ground (When car in mid-air…), it generate an error in python shell and decrase the framerate of my game (especially in full screen). I dont know how tu fix this in my script.
This error is occured when my ray detect nothing on it range.

Here a picture:

Here’s the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAOVMnYo-ao

Thank you and have a good day!

Sorry but I can’t you with your problem :frowning:

The Sound setup now uses wheel RPM to raise the pitch

Download Coming soon, FOR SURE!!! :smiley:

I have been gone quite a while now :o But I will not leave you guy’s hanging :wink:

Here’s Version 3 of the car engine sound project :yes:

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD VERSION 3