Challenge #624 (5/6/15) Entries CLOSED

Theme #624 for Friday 5th of June 2015 is: Future

Entry closes at 22:30 GMT or 16:30 CST, Monday 8th of June 2015.

“Future” - Sounds good. Let’s see what we can come up with.
[Or in other words: bump :-)]

open entry - i’ve made everything myself, but i didnt make everything now.
some of you might find this simular to a previous entry, and its true, reused plot.

Cycles, all blender, pure. (Thanks, Modron.)

Jump Gate

Imgur mirror just in case I screwed it up.

It’s pure, and welcome to the forums.
(edit) I didn’t have any time this weekend, but I may try to get in a quickie before the deadline.

the future becomes the past

Here is my non-competing entry:

Future Smoother

http://www.artofinterpretation.com/images3/wc624-futuresmoother-byrjt2015.jpg

RobertT

pure entry
Future car
lamborghini toro tracter concept

Note: I made the car based on a concept not a blueprint.
the Lamborghini logos in the back from the internet.

This is my first entry to a weekend challenge: “Food for the Giant”

Pure, I think? - everything is original except the earth and moon textures, which are from Celestia Motherlode

Around 4-5 billion years in the future, the Sun will expand into a red giant and overtake most of the inner solar system. For the record, everything is to actual scale. Hard to imagine the sun being that big!

Pure, “preClock”, Cycles (1000 Samples)

Unfortunately a cold hit me by surprise… so I had to scale down this one.

What a technological advancement :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha really nice… but why are the continents still exactly like they were in 2015 in billions of years? :stuck_out_tongue:

does it slow down by 50% during the leap year? and how about time zones? does it change time by itself BEFORE you travel to another time zone?

and what if that does happen, but you decide to wait 10 min just to troll the clock, then the prediction would be wrong… would everything then explode?

What a technological advancement :stuck_out_tongue:

Isn’t that what constitutes a good smartwatch? :slight_smile:

does it slow down by 50% during the leap year? and how about time zones? does it change time by itself BEFORE you travel to
another time zone?

That depends on how well the kickstarter campaign goes…

and what if that does happen, but you decide to wait 10 min just to troll the clock, then the prediction would be wrong… would everything then explode?

I really would like to refer to my first answer, but I think it is much more likely that the result will look quite similar to thefronz23’s entry :wink:

“Roll”
Cycles. Pure. 2222 Samples. I managed to get a tiny bit of caustics on the felt just left of the front dice.

Uhhhhh…double super secret reverse plate tectonics? Nice catch, I didn’t even think of that :slight_smile:

Okay, here’s my first entry.

I wish I had more time to polish it, but I don’t, since I started on it yesterday. It’s also sad for me, how much of it came from a tutorial (the material setup for the hologram).

So because of that, I’m going to say this entry is open. Hopefully I’m able to get this in below the deadline.

Pure rendered in cycles.