Von Der Dead [team needed]

I recently started this project because I was interested in theme Medieval Fantasy Adventure. So the short storyline:
“You are a simple lumberjack(may change during new idea waves) in a very small village. You live happy. Your village belongs to very strong empire which concuers land by land in very far distances. However, one day when the empire’s army tryes to concuer a little earldom far on the south, they don’t return home. Noone. The king is desperate and looks for help. He is mobilising people to restore army and he needs a scout to check out there. After you beat a guard who is frunk and tries to kill on civilian, king sees your skills and decides that you could be the one to be sent there. Now you have to find out what happened there. And don’t forget to get home alive!”
This project has just started. I need any help that possible(modelling, texturing, animating, logic etc.). What I have done so far:
*Character model
*Tutorial area landscape(WIP)
*Character armature
*Small house model(WIP)
*Plank texture
*Walk control and animations

If anyone wants to join, just post down. My top priority now is to make a character setup. Maybe something like BPR RigDoll in Wrectified or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PVc520YcQo . Also following textures are needed all containing diffuse, normal and specular maps in resolution 512x512 or 1024x1024:
*Grass
*Rock
*Mid-Old Planks
*Old Planks
*Wool fabric
*Reptile Leather(for belt)
*Cow Leather(leather for multi purpose, including character trousers)
*Stone Wall
*Limestone for wall
*Medieval models:
-Church
-Houses
-Well
-Barn
-Props(chairs, stools etc.)
-Others - what ever comes in your mind;)
I will be working on this real-time and will post progress, but I hope that someone will start work on this too. If you want to help with RigRagging, please post it here and I will PM you. Thanks everyone who decides to join! I hope that together we can make a successful project here.

[SCREENSHOTS]

P.S. current textures from: http://texturise.blogspot.gr/

Laugh Healthy #1:

Done tech:

Needed models and texture list

^
||
— Here are the needed models for game!

My plan calendar

Current progress:
This morning I decided to make a simple mid-old plank texture. Here’s how it looks like as a floor:

I hope you like it:)

I have just started rigging, starting to look more successful. Using BPR method. Currently made Ragbones for chest, pelvis and obth arms and joint together. Now head and legs are left. Lets hope I will do it succesfully:)

I could join this project , I can do for you the texture and some models …watch out for that plank texture repetitive patterns What do you want to be in that game … textures based on photos or painted imitating realism?

Photorealism, that’s what I want. High resolution textures(will be in-game settings to lower resolution), detailed, but keep up to 1024. Models low-poly with baked 1024x1024 high-detail normals. Also multimaterial meshes will be fine:) BTW, a new list of needed stuff:
*Some medieval style houses and props(church, settlements, well, barn etc.)

Ok , photorealism ,normal maps,etc… nextgen practice = a lot of work but it looks better:yes: …something like Gothic 3 ? I love Gothic games
I try the best I can:eyebrowlift2:

and what buildings…interior separated ? Something like- open the door and look inside, or open and the interior is loaded separately?- it matters how you then to model.

Well, yeah - similar to that. A feeling of the fantastic atmosphere and a photorealistic lighting and textures mixed in one game! by the way, in process of rigging I faced with something, very, very funny- I will record it right now. The rig is acting werid and shaking:D

Laugh Healthy part 1: the shaking ragdoll
I hope that you enjoy this very corious situation:D

What the ragdoll system ? … Would not it be better mocap animations?..get free BVH animations and implement them on the characters?

Well, I need to collide where player hits/gets hit by enemy. I think that ragdoll method should be fine. I will do testing on it - if it iwll work fine, I’ll stay with it as it is quite correct method. Ragdoll still allows motion capturing. However, I think that we can make great animations ourselves. Maybe record a reference video for something like walk cycle, seperate frames and use them as references…

I guess I have done the rigdoll. Not sure if it is ideal, but here it is:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_3-3pjFYDzaMlZJVi02ZE9KN2s/view?usp=sharing

Oh, well , yeah , video reference frames much help , I am doing it this way sometimes

Maybe you could make me some walk cycle references?:slight_smile: However, keep in mind that we need natural walk, not aesthetic. The back shouldn’t be plank-shaped(straight). I need a reference for walk cycle like a simple everyday walk, but a bit portentous, like in assassins creed. The run should be just a run:D I hope you can make them;)

This can be done so it’s easy to load into the blender bvh animations and make the video:confused:
I have some bvh mocap animations for both female and male :smiley:

I was looking at the BPR Ragdoll system and the dummy :eek:… he looked like a dope zombie:D
Better would be to create a hit boxes system and depending where it got hit by the launch animation , I doubt that this could be implemented in the game where you have a lot of enemies.
It also wants a good AI that actually learn enemies swordplay and fight back, and for this it must be a programmer

I did some rocks,old walls textures Here is a sample rock - diff.-normal-spec.maps upload them later…

Attachments

This looks good! Thanks!:wink: Hey - what do you htink about using martinsh parallax shiluette in high and ultra settings for stuff like gravel and wall? This would require displacement map, of course. That way the walls would look even better:)

This is how the rigdoll behaves. Let’s hope it works fine. If it will be successful and behave as needed, aswell as play animations correctly, we will keep it. Currently it looks fine:)

I’ve never heard of the parallax shiluette but look at it:eyebrowlift:
But it will be on the engine a little too much;) , I worry about fps
or will it be more tech . demo ?

I do not display video here I am using windows but mainly on the internet
Linux Mint 17- KDE latest version and I have a problem with video:(

I have low GPU. The game will be optimized for multiple GPU brands. It will have graphics options. So it will have a texture resolution settings in range of 128x128 up to 2048x2018, filters on/off for each filter, water quality(a simple texture, normalmap with reflection mapped texture or fully reflective and refractive water), shadow resolution(between off, 128x128 up to 8192x8192 and will also have some kinda cascades if I succeed to make good looking ones), detail option(will turn parallax maps on/off, change the poly amount of some meshes), light quality(how far does the point/spot light LOD works(how far lamps turns off)), lens flares on/off(Thid Person game looks good with them), etc. All of that will allow you to see game from level of Play Station 2 games up to a modern 4K game.

A problem encauntered:
While just having the ragdoll setup it works fine. But when I make animations like walk cycle, it goes crazy, shakes, a bit flies and do other crazy stuff. This doesn’t affect simple animations like breathing. I have no idea why is it like so and how to fix that. Here is finished .blend of set up. Try to make some animations and play them to see what happens(play them in-game on the MainCharacterControlRig).
.Blend:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_3-3pjFYDzaNlZxUWkwTkNEaEk/view?usp=sharing

I use Ubuntu Linux, BTW. What’s your card? If it is AMD, than it may have problems with Blender.