BGMC 16 Ninjaggernaught

Final Game File-> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B29hKf6-B52cYXEzMkpQSU1IMVU/view?usp=sharing

controls = A D Space Mouse

objective Don’t get spotted

Learn from your mistakes and win.

Mouse cursor + Space = Jump aim

Ceiling cling = Space while touching ceiling

Wall jump = space bar while touching wall, within a set amount of time, while your traveling fast enough…

you can dispatch the people searching for you, but it’s tricky.

Update - added GFX and rag doll death for the cubes! (LOL)

Update 2 - added minor bug fix

Update 3 - added splash screen and game restart on fall death

I tested it and I think it works. I haven’t tested it thoroughly because I’m not the most patient human being when it comes to “click at the right time” kind of games but it looks to be mechanically sound.

I had alot of fun making it in a little sprint,
life kinda gets in the way of me spending to much
time, but I think I am going to try my hand at sprites after the comp…

I had fun playing the game as well, and beat the level, so it is possible.

Good luck everyone and thank you for playing!

Update: added lil ninja protagonist

also enemy blocks go ragdoll on death (LOL!)

Attachments

Ninjaggurnaught3.blend (2.32 MB)

Hard gameplay! :smiley:

Couldn’t figure out how to make it jump. Had to get back online to read the instructions. (I read so many I couldn’t remember which was which) LOL. I’ll try again later. :slight_smile:

One thing I noticed about all the games, was, few or no instructions on the Blends.
Everyone should include a text in the Blend explaining the controls. Just my .02. :slight_smile:

I"m Impressed that you had time to finish your game, and write a script for Adrain. :slight_smile:

Space bar is jump, the further away the mouse is the further you jump,
you almost land where your aiming when you press space, except for gravity and drag.

I made this game, adrians random path chooser, and a generic walk animation IK rig.
I dropped in resources.

Found a little bug, if the enemy spotted you, then you touched them, it would flash game over, but not restart

and own[‘Saw’]==0 fixed it :smiley:

updated file @ top

edit: adding game over condition if you fall off the world

edit: adding splash with controls

this game actually started out on making a walljump demo, then it evolved into this, I have about 3.5 hours into this. I dont ever really get more then 2 hours a night to be enter-training myself with blender :slight_smile:

Ok all updates Done!

let me know if you spot a bug!

Newest File is marked Final!

check top post

Nice job! It took me a good while to figure out the jumping (you hold down the space bar, not tap it), but once I got that it was pretty fun, although not very challenging. It took me two tries to get through the rest of the level once I figured out how to get out of the initial shaft. Taking out guards, though, is surprisingly satisfying for some reason.

Runs great, and I found no bugs. Jumping feels a little inconsistent at times, but we all know how tricky wall-jumps can be to get to that just-right feeling :wink:

thanks! you can tap or hold jump, the important thing is you still have some +z momentum or you go fast enough to ‘skip’ off the wall, (making your back face wall) you have 15 frames to jump if your back faces the wall)

the presented mechanic seems like its good enough to keep building on however in the future,

Man, this reminds me of those Rocket Jumping maps in Team Fortress 2. I couldn’t quite get the knack of it, but it was quite satisfying careening up and down the corridor at high speeds with the dispatched guard bouncing around, hah! Nice job.

The only outstanding criticism I have is that at the beginning the instructions are flickering between black and white, which is difficult to look at. Was that intended, or something unexpected?

The update is much better!
Everything is better now than it was before, the default grid texture and triangle player were awful. Was an immediate turn-off. The ninja model and background were a really nice, needed touch

Think I played this game the most out of all other entries, it’s tough, but the slingshot mechanic is a lot of fun!

Spent most my time trying to get to the top of this wall, which I actually did once or twice.
It’s like the triple jump, only vertical instead of horizontal

I’m glad I figured out the mouse plays a role when jumping but It doesn’t look like it’s possible to get beyond much than the first enemy. :slight_smile:

qubodup: You can wall jump(press jump in air when touching a wall while rising)

The greater the distance away the mouse is,
the further you jump, for regular jump and wall jump.

Thanks random pickle, I am glad to know people enjoy it as much as I do, I am actually thinking of making a full game out of it,

the art is super simple to change out so
it looks like it will be pretty easy to swap out body part/sprites
or actor configuration.

My modular weapon system will work well in 2d,

you can wall jump(press jump in air when touching a wall)

The greater the distance away the mouse is,
the further you jump, for regular jump and wall jump.

Thanks random pickle, I am glad to know people enjoy it as much
as I do, I am actually thinking of making a full game out of it,

the art is super simple to change out so
it looks like it will be pretty easy to swap out body part/sprites
or actor configuration.

This was much more fun that I expected.
Sorry I didn’t get around to posting until now.

Once I figured out how to kill the enemies it was great. :slight_smile:

I am glad you liked it!

coming from you it means alot! (I have a lot of respect for you)

I am going forward with this one for a while at least!

The game mechanics seem like it could really be fun but something about it keeps me from playing past the first guard. Also nice guard rag dolls.