No Camera -error-

So this is my first time working with the VSE in Blender, and I’m having an issue with exporting the video I have made. I am able to export the animation in the VSE window using the OpenGL, but of course there is no sound. When I attempt to export in the properties render menu I get the message “No camera found in scene”.

The way I have built the file, I have 2 scenes. The default ‘scene’ houses all the pre-rendered image sequences for the video, and no objects in the 3D viewport. The second scene has a title used as a subtitle overlay (text object and camera).

To achieve the effect of the subtitle I followed a YouTube tutorial here:

If I attempt to add a camera it only renders an empty scene. I believed that I wouldn’t need a camera since I’m only really using the VSE, with the exception of the camera aimed at the subtitle in the second scene.

I would be grateful for any help on this, I haven’t found an answer anywhere else. I’m using Blender 2.74, and attempting to export in AVI Raw. Oh and I can listen to the music while watching within blender just fine.

Solved the issue! figures that I struggled off and on for days and find the solution within 5 min after posting my dilemma :P.
Anyways, My problem was in the properties window under Render Tab in the Post Production section. I simply didn’t have the “sequencer” button checked, so it didn’t pay attention to any of the video editing I was doing. Hope it helps someone else!

Unfortunately, it still isn’t applying the sound to the video but I think this is a different problem, So I consider this thread solved!

You did remember to set the audio codec in the Encoding section of the Render tab in the Properties panel, right? If you don’t set an audio codec, no matter if you include audio in the rest of the program, you won’t get any sound.

I noticed later that there wasn’t a section for encoding from avi raw or avi jpeg, so I went with mpeg instead with a mpeg-4 format and it worked just fine.

Unfortunately, I have the same error and the “sequencer” button is checked. In my case if I open Blender and render the automatic images that it has in there right away - they are rendered properly. If I do anything else, just for example make a duplicate of one of the images and place it next to original - no more rendering… just the black screen. What could have gone wrong in this case?