Edgar Allan Paw

Sir Edgar Allan Paw! The fluffy companian of inventor & explorer Leonard Lovell :slight_smile:
(Concept by Celia Kaspar)
I started making one model each week for practice, with the goal of getting each work done faster. I mainly concentrate on the modeling & lighting and render them all with a (sort of) soft sandstone look!
Made in Blender (Cycles)
& a bit of Photoshop afterwards :wink:

2 Likes

Excellent job!

very appealing character, congratulation good work!

Thanks guys! I’m glad you like it! :smiley:

Why did you decide to put that name, it is so funny… :yes:, but the cat looks sad. It resembles the cartoon style that Disney and Dreamworks follow, so cool!!! I love the whiskers, so sweet

Looking forward to seeing full images with advanced rendering, with hand-painted textures, because you are really good.

Thank you! :smiley: The name was not chosen by me but by my sister who made the concept for him :wink:
Here’s a picture of Edgar and Leonard on their flying penny-farthing:

Your can find more here :wink: = http://celiakaspar.de/

I also want to handpaint some of my models but at the moment I try to keep them minimalistic in color because I’m more focusing on the modeling :slight_smile:

Edgar is one mighty fine cat, I like you style.

love this one :slight_smile:

Great model, and your sister is very talented :wink: .

I missed the pic yesterday, damn mate your sister can draw you guys make a formidable team. That drawing modeled and textured would make one fine looking render.

Yeah you are absolutly right! :smiley:
Already more from us on the way :wink:

I already love your sandstone cat, but if you could make that (steampunk?) bike in 3D, that would be awesome =)
And compliments to your sister for her drawings, they’re really great!

Thanks! I definitely plan to go bigger soon :wink:
More detailed characters, bigger scenes and handpainted textures.
( And yes thats steampunk :smiley: )

Also accepted into the 3D Total Galleries :smiley:

Awesome! I want to have that cat.

I hope we can see that beautiful drawing turned into a cool render :slight_smile:

“Edgar Allan Paw” damn that made me laugh xD

really cool sculpt man! The lighting and shadows make this feel very grounded and “present”. Awesome texture.
Would like to see more for sure! And tell your sister her concept art is fantastic too!

Man! Great proportions, and awesome appeal here! Bravo!

I love the design and the render! really cool, good job, good team!

Mathias.