Las Vegas Blender Users

Any blender users out there that live in Vegas? I’d love to do a meetup sometime if nothing less to be able to talk with other local users.

Looking forward to meeting you!

I found this post because I was about to write a post for the same reason. I’m glad to hear of someone in Las Vegas that is reaching out for more Blender users. I’d like to form a sort of study team in which we can share our works.

Reaching out to fellow Vegas Blender. I was a member of the Unity, VR & AR meetup groups but I think they’ve disbanded. Hope to hear from someone. IG: @k.jua

I have just started a Blender Meetup group for Vegas but haven’t finalized it yet because wasn’t sure there were enough Blender users in Vegas to start a group. Personally, I think it would be cool for Vegas to have a strong community and maybe even get a Blender convention come to Vegas at some point. But at $16/month, and during COVID, it’s hard to start a Meetup when not knowing the interest level. I already have a YouTube tutorial channel for Blender and Discord channel. I can also start a Discord for the Blender Meetup group if we can get one going. Let’s hear who’s all interested.

1 Like

I currently live in Vegas. Would love to know how this is turning out. :slight_smile:

Well the channel is coming along nicely, totally unexpected, I didn’t think the kind of content would be that requested. At least for learning. For viewing and watching yes definitely, but not for learning. I guess I was wrong. Just search for BlenderSith on YouTube I’m sure it’ll come up.

Well, it is not Sept 16, 2023 today and this thread hasn’t really progressed much?

My YouTube Blender channel has taken off but as far as a Meetup group here in Vegas I’m not sure that will work out because just doesn’t seem to be enough people to support such a group in Las Vegas for what ever reason.

I mean as far as Meetups go, I belong to many groups here in Vegas ‘web design’, ‘security’, ‘Wordpress’, etc and even if you have 1000 members “the size doesn’t really matter” only about 5-10% will VIP to a Meetup and out of those only about 3-5% will actually show up. So there in lies the problem with starting, paying for a Meetup etc. It’s just hard to get one organized, people serious enough to put in the time once a month to show up, etc.

If this changes I would definitely be interested in starting one but I’m a Master Blender freelancer “that’s my own title, LOL” but I stay pretty busy and me scheduling any FREE time would HAVE to be well worth the time.

So how many. Las Vegas people are really here on BlenderArtist? Speak or forever hold you peace! LOL

BlenderSith