2012 Audi A6

I haven’t been using Blender for ages cause I was in military service (and I started drawing much more often).

Now I started working in Blender again and it is a joyous experience.

This is the first work I wanted to share, I made sure I made some good progress before I upload my first WIP, since I always end up not completing my WIP.

So far I have completed the exterior and I am currently working on the interior now. My interior is not going to be really detailed, but enough such that the car doesn’t feel empty inside.

I completed the interior today, and now I am doing a test render for it

At first caustics is enabled but it was so bad I had to disable it, which resulted in what I have above.

Comments and advice on caustics and materials are appreciated.

Fiddled around with materials and textures for a while. Moved around the lighting as well to try to get it to look right.
First render that I think looks “right”, might do more as I go along.
Added lights to headlights to highlight the daytime LED of the Audi A6, which is part of what makes it an Audi.

The headlights are looking pretty cool. For the lighting, it can work, but I might try some more contrast/excitement on the front/places where the car is lit. Maybe some rim lighting or glow around the back of the car? might look good or not. And the bright white reflection in the middle or the car and image is a bit distracting. maybe try making it softer, and/or move it.
Keep up the work, you have a great start!

Thank you so much for the critique! I almost thought no one was gonna take a look at it.

I took a look at more pictures of the Audi A6 and decided to work on the top lighting a little more to achieve a better effect.

From pictures I see the light is more forward so I think this one would be more appropriate. Would appreciate more comments haha

I decided to do another render today, and instead of a studio render, I wanted to try a tunnel render.

I did not composite the headlights separately because they actually look weird after rendering. I did composite the background and the foreground separately though.

Added some blur effects to simulate car movement but I would like opinions as to how it looks.

Ok it has been a good while but I made another studio render.

This time I try to show off its side profile.