Combining two different text fonts into one object?

Hello All,

I am trying to make a logo which consists of two different fonts. I tried importing a .svg file of the logo, but it was doing some crazy stuff that I don’t even know how to explain lol. So, what I’m trying to do is combine two separate texts of different fonts into one object. If I select one text, then hit shift and select the other text and hit cntrl j, it still doesn’t make them one object. I say this because when I choose to extrude the combined image, it only extrudes the last image I selected and not both of them. I want both of them to extrude at the same time. Then, I want to place a video on top of the logo. My goal is to make a Marvel Comics Movie type of intro with this logo if that helps any. Thanks for your time.

Hey,

Convert your fonts to mesh and then join them.

Hope it helps

Thanks for your reply. I now have them as one mesh object, but I don’t see an extrude option…I’m very new to this program so please bear with me lol.

TAB into edit mode than select everything and extrude.

After I do that, will there be anything I need to do to put a video on top of the logo as a texture? This is what I am trying to do with my logo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvha-7EvwNg

I have placed the video on top of the logo. The problem is that instead of having one solid video playing, there are about 100 on top of it. I will try to post a pic of it. I have my laptop at work and I’m not allowed to connect it to the network, so I took a photo of it with my phone. I’ll try to post that picture in a second so you can see what I’m talking about.

Here is a shot of what the logo looks like with the video applied to it.

But this is what I want. The video should cover the entire logo as one singular image, not multiple.

Hey.

You will have to UV map your text object…

Or maybe try box mapping if you work in blender internal.

Take care

I have placed the video on top of the logo.

Could you enlarge on this?

I’m not sure what you mean.

Right now it does look as if you had wrapped videotape around the text, not placed. I was curious to see what exactly have you done to place - project video.

I’m still not sure what you mean. I chose “texture” and added the video to the logo. I rendered it after that, and the picture shows what it looked like after I rendered it. I have completed this project, but I had to end up using a different program because I couldn’t figure out how to do it with blender. Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQgHAXPPIcs

That would be the same if you had UV unwrapped mesh and used UVProject modifier. Never mind, result is what matters. Your’s is good.

I will have to research that because I’ve never used UVProject Modifier. I’m a beginner with Blender and it’s an immense program. :slight_smile: I did UV Unwrap the mesh, but it made my logo into about 1000 pieces lol. I didn’t know what to do after that.