Breast physics

Hello everyone,

i am curious about how to make woman breast physics in BGE. I found this video which is a tutorial how to make it. But it seems just for rendering. Could everyone tell me how can i simulate the same effect in the game engine? Since i work really often with woman models and this feature should somehow feminize every actions of the characters.

Thanks!

I think you need to be careful. Many games focus too much on the most obvious differences between men and women, to the point that characters look like this

http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/femalevideogamechar..jpg (outer)

I don’t think that it’s a detail worth adding, how often do you notice such violent movement? Subtle shape-keys should suffice.

two rigid body jointed objects that are Ik targets?

(I have never tried) but it seems like it should work…

I agree with agoose77. We usually wear cloths not just to protect but to support (or slightly modify) the shape too. Therefore such effects are really minor (unless you want to focus on it e.g. with a caricature).

Nevertheless the more visible “physics dependent objects” are hairs and falling clothes. While you might be able to use soft-bodies I never managed to got a setup to achieve the effects I wanted.

The ideas I have are:

• included in animation
  • rag-doll technique (have some invisible physics objects and transfer it’s motion to the bones/mesh)
  • soft-body

It requires a lot of effort and is questionable if it is really worth.

thanks everyone,

i was thinking about using ridged objects to simulate the movements of the breast. Anyway it should just a slight effect on it. since the ‘Kanya’ character of mine doesnt have huge breast like characters shown by agoose77 there. But since she has 2 small bones on her breast and i often adjust them to move abit with the actions so that it look abit more real.

Should i just use 2 UV phreres as ridged bodies and let 2 of these breast bones constraint with those? Do you think it will work properly?

breast.blend (540 KB)

i just experimented around and got something like that. Hm i wonder why the breast parts dont move with the empty ( the empty is parented to the body). How should i change it?

use A, D to move the body

Edit: maybe you should try to use the constraint target of them as the body

Add this to each breast: Object constrains–>Add constrains–>Target–>Cube.002
You may remove the “OBEmpty” you don’t need it.
However…the final result is a “little disturbing” :slight_smile:

thanks haidme,

ya i am doing that now

Hm which type of physics collision bound should i apply to the cube? Triangle mesh or convexhull?

this is the result i got !

I’d really damp that down!

thanks agoose

Tt really was a flaw . In the video i just used 1 pivot point for the breast collision object, so it really rotates and bounces too much (it even twists).

Now i changed some thing. There are more pivot points for each object. It jiggles very well now. the breast bones of the character just copy rotation and scale transformation from those.