Mapzone - random distribution algorithms

mapzone fx maps uses some algos for random distribution of patterns like Discrete{0.1],Uniform{0,1[ etc -some produce voronai and some like blender clouds tex.what do these algos mean,anywhere i can read abt them.

Probably not. MapZone development has been discontinued. The old tutorials have even been removed . You’re better off just buying the indie version of Substance Designer. There are lots of tutorials out there for it.

hi ohsnapitsjoel,
i am not a pro user.i thought some general information about these algos will be there.i just wanted to know what Discrete/Continuous function does etc in a general way.(something like how a perlin/voronoi noise is generated).it is fascinating because Mapzone seems to give a finer level of control than premade noises.

Substance Designer offers a lot of the same control and with Mapzone discontinued, the Windows version where it stops working will essentially spell the death of the ability to have that kind of power for free (Allegorithmic’s current free offerings limit you to changing some sliders on premade textures).

The Indie version should suit you as long as you make less than a hundred thousand dollars a year (after which you will have to pay 600 dollars for the pro license), which shouldn’t be a major issue for most people.