Cycles Render Final Render Screen Black

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here as I signed up because I couldn’t find an answer to my problem. It is probably just a small setting I have missed, but when I try to render my final image for a scene, cycles only renders a black screen. I have poked around for other solutions, but it seems it must be a specific setting. I have my blend file here (pasteall link). This problem is peculiar because my preview render in the viewport looks completely fine. Hopefully some kind soul can help me out. I know that this happens a lot, so sorry for contributing to the masses!:wink:

Thanks,

Geo

Lamps are on layer 3, which is hidden in your scene. Make all layers visible before rendering.

Hi

Welcome to the forum…:slight_smile:

First a picture.

I opened Your Blend…Pres F 12 = render…Litte pic in the picture…It’s not black…You have light in Your scene…It come from Your world setting.

As Ovnunirchos say You haven’t turn layer 3 on…I did it see it in the picture…Layer 1 and 3 is selected…So what You see in the viewport render is with Your Area light on…)

Do not know if it’s supposed…But Your texture file isen’t with the Blend…If You want it to be…Look picture…File - external Data - Automatically Pack into Blend…Tic it…And save Your startup file = Ctrl u

No texture = Pink render…:slight_smile:

one more…You don’t have to sample 500 - 25 is enough to see how it will look…If you want 500 sample use Ctrl b to box select a small area on the screen…Ctrl Alt b to unselect…Puff Puff

Tai

Ok… so right now I am hitting my head on the desk. Because I finally noticed after hours of trying to figure this out… I somehow managed to turn off both my lamps for rendering in the outliner. Well, thanks for the help everyone. I guess even a long-time user of blender makes impossibly embarrassing mistakes. At least now I can get back to work. :smiley:

Thanks for the Help,

Geo

You can check out if this article works of your black screen problem.

Sorry to see that. You can check out if Windows Boot Genius works of your black screen problem.