Need assistance with maze generator code (almost complete)

Hi folks!
I’m almost done with my maze generator code based on another’s work. What I’m doing is creating each separate segment, applying solidify to make the walls have thickness, then removing doubles, interior faces, and applying dissolve_limited to merge the faces.
The final pieces are:

• Some corners don’t match up due to the way the solidify modifier works (not a big problem to manually clean up)
  • Many t-intersections overlap the intersecting wall with an errant vertex and/or face

This is my first time working with python and Blender scripting and I’m a bit worn out, so I’m hoping that someone here can help me fix and finish this little script.

I appreciate any assistance that can be provided!

(I moved the vertices to illustrate the overlap)
Script:http://pastebin.com/9Pg1RX3u

One way would be to generate the walls yourself. That way you have the most control over everything which is going on.

The other suggestion (without having looked at the script) is to modify the settings of the solidify/remove doubles/merge etc operator calls. The vertices which should be joined should be extremely close together, so there’s no need for a lot of tolerance.

So I sort of solved the problem. I just went with boolean unions on all pieces to get rid of the errant vertices. Works OK. Still a couple of verts that don’t get merged in, but they’re not too hard to clean up.
Still issues with the corners, but it’s not bad to clean up manually. Will be worse when I have 50+ of these to do. So if anyone can suggest how to work that out it would be most appreciated.
Final issues is that I was mainly doing this to be able to apply a bevel mod. As the more experienced blender user will know, this sort of object does not modify with a bevel. I can still manually do it, but it would be nice to automate as much as possible.
I’ve updated the original script for any of those interested.
Thanks!