python addon to deform image

Hi all !
I’am working on an addon for blender, but i don’t know if it’s very usefull :eyebrowlift2:. Can you say what do you think about ? Thx !

Presentation :
I created an addon (but it’s not finished), which deform images using 2 “mask” images. Here an example :

On the left side, it is the image to deform. Then there is two masks : the first limit the area to deform, the second is the destination area. And on the right it’s the result, with some modifications because now the addon just returns the deformed zone limited by mask 2.

An other example :

I think that, it could be interesting if masks are animated. I think it could be used in vfx or to deform quickly an image…

So what do you think about ? :smiley: Thx.

Are you mapping to UV with a distort node in the compositor? I find that there are accusing issues with UV pass data, making a strange shearing along edges.

Or are you using the black and white image to drive the distort over the X,Y dimensions?

I am interested but would like to see more thorough examples of the effect as these are not very clear.

Keep up the good work.

Thx for your answer, because i was not sure if i had to continue it.

Yes, i use a black and white image de drive the distor. First B/W image select the area to deform, the second the target.
I will try to create some others examples, but first of all I want to improve my script.