Octane render does not locate my CUDA

Hello :slight_smile:

My freshly installed Octane render does not seem to be able to locate my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M.

First, I tried to run modified version of Blender, that had Octane Render addon, but then, when it did not react, I switched to the StandAlone versoin of Octane Render (student version 1.20 for Win 64).

Th log of the StandAlone version says, that “CUDA device 0: Failed to find a CUDA binary matching compute model 5.0”

Honestly, I have no idea what it means and how to fix it…:no:

If someone could give me an adivice, I would really appreciate it :slight_smile:

The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M should be compatible to CUDA compute capability 5.0 (the version number defines the general specifications and available features for that GPU when it comes to GPU-rendering). Make sure you have a recent graphics driver installed.

Thank you very much for the reply. I am on Win 8, so I went to my devices, right clicked on my NVIDIA and asked to update its driver. In a minute or so it reported back that I have the latest driver installed and it is all fine.

Do you think I need to load new driver manually?

Or may be there might be more reasons why it does not work?

Well, I’d say it’s definitely worth a try to grab a current driver directly from nVidia and install that manually. Not sure what might be missing from drivers provided by Microsoft…

Thank you, I’ve just recieved an answer from Octane Forum:

“simply put, Your Octane version is to old to support this new GPU =) upgrade Octane or downgrade Your hardware…”

That is a bit sad :slight_smile: Since Octane is not a cheap investment. Thank you again for the help, @IkariShinji !