Question for dedicated/consistent users

I created a group on here in which the reasoning being I want to actually make friends around the world and I want other dedicated members to do the same. I find myself private messaging a lot of members requesting to join; some reply, some don’t, some want to really be apart of it, other quit using blenderartists within the next day. Anyways, the members that actually want to take this group as seriously as I am and want to communicate and talk to me often go back and forth with me through the private messaging feature. And as stated, we’ll go back and forth for quite a while.
Has anyone ever suggested an instant messaging feature? I can think of many good reasons in which this could be helpful. I would like to think that it would help increase activity for members not taking full advantage of the website. A lot of members don’t even post but I know that everybody came to this website hoping it would benefit them, and I believe that bringing the simplicity of messaging on this site down even further than private messaging would help increase their activity for the sole reason of it being more simple, along with adding a more personal effect between members.
I don’t know who to go to or message concerning this kind of request so I thought I’d bring it to the attention of all of the dedicated members that would find this to be more helpful to them as it would I. It may sound like an outrageous request but I’m just curious if anybody can see where I’m coming from? These were just a couple of reasons and I’m sure there are plenty of better ones, but I would really prefer it for the simplicity of the feature.
Anyways, anybody who read this thanks for your time.
-Ryan