Particle system fire

Hi, to start of with I know blender has a pre made smoke/fire physics, but I want to make my own using the particle system. I have manage to get the smoke and fire by using the particle info input in the node editor. I am also using the fluid physics to get them to stick together and there’s my problem I can not get them to be attracted to each other, does anyone now how to. I have set the interaction radius up to 5 but I can still not get them to group together.
view the images to see what I have got so far, thanks for reading.

Attachments

Smoke/fire sim isn’t some kind of pre-fab, its a different simulation method entirely. If you are trying to get realistic fire with individual particles, you’re going to have problems, at least with Blender’s system. Usually particle fire is done using billboards (see this for a trick to get billboards in Cycles: https://youtu.be/MqBIAE8A-4k). Billboards should look pretty good with your existing setup, you could even use the particle info “life” output to switch billboard textures for fire and smoke.

If you want a more photorealistic fire, you need to use a sim that handles temperature interaction and has volume outputs, which is what the smoke sim is for.