OpenGL Info

I have written a script which returns some additional information compared to the built in PrintGLInfo().
The script get information about the OpenGL version on this system (version, vendor, renderer, extensions)
It also returns some informations about texture units, image units, components and uniforms.
I also added a full list of all open OpenGL parameters, because Blender don’t wrap all constants.

Attachments

OpenGL_Version_check.blend (132 KB)

This is an outstanding resource, thank you. It will come in very handy for debugging, as well as branching code for different GPUs…

I get version 4.5.0 NVIDIA 346.59:D

Hello
thank you for you “info file”, quite depressing I must say.
I get : 3.0 Mesa 10.3.2 from Xorg
Is it bad, doctor? :wink:
Bye

OTO, it sounds like… You have kinda afwul GPU or not right drivers?

Thank you for your interest, but all is well.
I’ve installed the brand new Debian/GNU/Linux 8, and tried the “default” ati driver, the free one I guess, and it seems to work pretty fine.
Bye

Ooh this looks interesting. I have some issues with preview redraw of shallow dof. I hope that this will provide context for a bug report.

OTO, I am no Linux expert but I think that the output is correct. It look like that you are using the Debian legacy driver
Mesa 10.3.2 should support OpenGL 3.3 and GLSL 3.30 which is basically OK for the most software.
But I heard that some have problems that the Mesa 10.3.2 supports on some graphic cars only OpenGL 3.0 and GLSL 1.30.
This version is to low for geometry shaders which needs at least GLSL 1.50.

3pointEdit, Blender dof also use a geometry shader. So first check if your graphic card support GLSL 1.50. If your graphic card support it, then update your graphic card driver.

Hello HG1

It look like that you are using the Debian legacy driver

thank you for providing such detailed informations.
Yes, I’m using the free driver.
After the default install,I was surprised by the quality of the desktop graphics ( latest Gnome with special FX) and when I tried my most demanding demos they run equally well as in my old config,with the proprietary driver.
Probably for complex shaders or bigger poly count the story will be more sad?
Bye
p.s. here’s a screenshot of the result:

Script fails, but cannot find error in console.
I am on Win7 i5 64bit with a crappy AMD Radeon HD7470. It’s just an office PC :frowning:

OTO, as long everything works for you, there is no need to change the driver.

3pointEdit, your graphic card is a very week, but should support OpenGL 4.1 (or 4.3) and GLSL 5.0.
I think you are using the driver that comes with windows. This driver does not support all OpenGL features.

I you have problems with your graphic card, I would suggest to use the driver from the AMD side.
http://support.amd.com/de-de/download/desktop?os=Windows+7+-+64