Soft Body Question

Im attempting to make a Cape, but how exactly do you attach a cape to a character? is a Soft Body even the right Physic?

Hi! You can do something like that: http://www.pasteall.org/blend/35774

ZSQD to move… I don’t know if it’s related to my Blender’s version but it seems there is a bug when we rotate the cape… I’ll try with other versions of Blender. The function used has been made by Solarlune.

Hello and thank you for the generosity I tried your demonstration as of today. It works fine im not sure what blender you are using but im using 2.68 due to it being the more stable version based of my experience than the newer ones.

I noticed when the controller rotates at a certain degree the cape flies off what exactly can I do to prevent the cape from flying off?

Im very poorly experienced with soft bodys.

Hello! I’ve the same problem on Blender 2.74. I don’t know how to fix it… Maybe I’ll make a bug report if nobody has an idea of what is the problem.

Hi I apologies for the long reply so despite the working soft body I cant get the object to work on my game for some strange reason it justs results in breaking the engine and saying that it stopped working so I eventually gave up on it il just stick to animating the type of waves.

The fix was easy dough the problem is Shape Match just adjust the threshold to 0.00002 if you want it on if its of the problem will be gone.

I still struggle with soft bodies it be interesting what you could do with these in a game