Can't mirror shape keys after I moved the eyebrows down

I mirrored the half the face. The textures and armature were unaffected. Who knew? And now the shape key mirrors okay.

I was doing the shape keys alright. Then I decided the character would look better if the eyebrows started lower on the face. So I did that. Then I deleted all the shape keys and started over again. This time, I can’t mirror the shape key from left to right. Both brows get distorted when I attempt to raise the right side eyebrow. Is this happening because I changed the topology? I didn’t add any vertices, I just moved some of them down on the face.

Blend file: http://www.pasteall.org/blend/35763

I did not look at your file, but here are a few guesses.

Did you move the eyebrow meshes in object mode or in edit mode? If object mode, you may need to apply the location and scale if you change that. In edit mode, you should be fine to move the vertices without that step.

When you deleted the shapekeys, did you also delete the basis and create a new one?

In the future, rather then redoing all the shapekeys, you could have made an “always on” adjustment shapekey. Then, you would only have to fix/edit the shapekeys that you already have if that adjustment breaks the shapekey. If you have been saving your blend files in increments, you could go back and try this idea. (Always save to a new file before making big changes like this so you can revert back if you don’t like something, or you break something.)

Good luck!

Edit: Sorry, I did not see that you had Solve the issue.

Thanks for responding.

I know about the first two things you mentioned. How do I make an “always on adjustment shapekey”?

I don’t really know if I solved the problem. For instance, after the my last post edit, I noticed when I made new shape keys and moved the slider in object mode, part of the goggles or the helmet clip would get distorted. I separated those two parts out from the rest of the character, made the shape keys, then joined the parts back. That seems to have worked so far. But I don’t know if I will end up with a problem as I continue on with the tutorial. (Drivers for the shapekeys, etc)

I look at it yesterday then saw it solved.
I just eyeballed the problem vert in to place from side view. Then scaled it to zero on z axis and i believe the y axis. I turned off topology mirror and left on x mirror and then it worked again. In short I put the vert back int place.