cycles texture map assigned per individual face of a mesh?

Hi Folks,
is it possible in cycles to have a texture map assigned per individual face of a a low poly mesh to create geometric patterns random or ordered over the mesh?

If so any advice/ node setup would be greatly appreciated

If you’re talking about assigning different textures to different faces of the model, then yes, it is.

First you’ll need to set up your different textures in the Materials tab. Click the + button to add more textures to the list at the top of the tab. Each texture will have its own node setup, but that can be any texture or setup you’d like.

Once you’ve got your textures, click one of them in the list in the Materials tab, then go into Edit Mode on your model, select the faces you want to apply that texture to, and click Assign in the Materials tab. Repeat this for each of your textures, and that should do it.

If you’re asking about creating multiple UV layouts on a single object, that may be possible, but I’ve never done that myself, so I’ll leave that up to someone else to answer.

Thank you PlateCaptain. Much appreciated.

Being a lazy kind of a creature I had wondered whether a texture map could be assigned per face via a node setup - a kinda one map to rule them e.g each face of the mesh has a uv coordinate or id - which takes a selected image and flat maps it proportionally to each face of the mesh - add a rotational variance in the map per face perhaps also.

I had wondered whether a texture could be assigned per face without uv’s - using a faces id to flat map one image to that faces normal. Similarly could a vertex color map be used to introduce a second texture per faces effected by the vertex color’s influence.

I had hope to create material that accentuates the faces and planar changes of a mesh as I manipulate and modify the mesh itself.