Writing an import script for Blender

Dear forum readers,

I am currently doing some investigation into an older PC-game: Lego Racers (1999/2001-rerelease). The main goal, eventually, is to create custom tracks for the game. Current knowledge includes custom music and custom textures, but no custom tracks were ever created.
With a binary editor, I have been able to open what is a 3D Model (.GDB extension) from the game. This model consists of multiple parts containing code, and I would like to get that code into Blender, so that I can edit the models (editing code is possible as well, but then I have no clue of what I am editing) and eventually to convert back the edited models or brand new models to the Lego Racers model code.

An example of a 3D Model in a text file (text file is inside the .zip file): https://mega.co.nz/#!1RNhgDLQ!rVKF35…AV4iqqtMdkcQGQ
Note that this model is no track, as the track consists of almost a million code lines.

The code has multiple parts:

• Material specification: Gives information about the textures that are used on the model, which are in .BMP extension, though they are no .BMP files (other internal data structure, so cannot be opened with programs like Paint or Windows Photo Viewer)
  • Vertices with colors: Containing lines with (float) or (byte) commands followed by a number. Which one of these two and the number itself seem to be random, but will probably contain information about a certain point in the model and a certain color of that point. Not sure though, have not been able to run tests.
  • Indices specification: Containing only (byte) lines, ended with another small alinea with code.

Why am I asking for help? Because my programming is not at the level it needs to be to write an import script for this, as an import script is what is needed to get something useful out of these files, and therefore needed for further investigation and development.
What if we succeed with creating custom tracks for the game? They will give the world more experience, more challenge, and more fun. There are a lot of opportinities, also in combination with the power up system, to create ossem and challenging tracks that a lot of people will love to play.

I hope I have given enough information about this project of mine.
Thanks in advance. Your help is really apprieciated.

Greetings,
Chief00347