I need to smooth an edge but getting this?

Hi All,
Thanks for looking in. I want to smooth that bottom edge curve (see red line in illustration) I use smooth vertex but get an unwanted result. It seems to recede? I do have a mod as noted, is there a fix to keeping my solidify mod and getting that edge to smooth out? Thanks for any direction on this.

Just guessing without experimenting with the file, but I’d say the problem is not the Solidify modifier, but rather the ghastly n-gon you have in the vertical part of that taco…

Yeah, that n-gon is the kind of thing that gives Jonathan Williamson nightmares. Go with a simple, all quad topology, something closer to this:

Photox how did you create that? Please send me the Blend file if you got it… Is that a circle? and how did you subdivide it after creating the Face on it? I can’t seem to get that to happen on my end over here.

Two minute tacos:

Loop cut is ctrl r, hover over until purple, and scroll wheel to add cuts

Wow Photox, Thank you for taking the time to do that, appreciate it. Taco Wednesday… tag that how to subdivide a circle, you will get many hits. Everything I saw was not nearly as clear, or actually covered subdividing a circle. Which is not really subdividing a circle more like mirroring a curve. Thanks again

You lost me on the rotate x rotate z and then deleting the verts to only have two to add the mirror mod in x & Y. Is there a reason you do not just start from a top view and remove the verts to that slight curve to then mirror it?

When I follow I am in Right Perspective and after adding the mirror mod (you are in Left?) I get a full circle (after adding mirror mod) not what you have. to then extrude it.
Little fast for me on the commands as say them. IG., G on Z then G G… etc.

I went back thru again and came across the same deal on the mirror. Yours at 0:38 in does not show a full circle, when I follow I get a full circle mirror?

You should do the rotations in edit mode, you probably roated in object mode, in which case you should apply the rotation (ctrl a choose 'apply) your axises have been rotated. I’ll turn on screencast and do a slower version.

Six minute tacos. I say G Z at one point, i mean G X

ahh maybe that was it. Thanks. One keystroke different in this Blender and off course you go… I followed your tut and what I did was shape the circle before removing the top half. So no modifier needed. Yes that makes my GEO bigger but it is a small piece anyways. Thanks again