[Blender Cycles] Render Results in Viewport Different from Final Render

Hi guys, I’m really confused. I have this different results when rendering. So basically I use one hemi light. When it rendered preview on the viewport, it casted shadows. But when I render the active scene (Render -> Image Render), the shadow isn’t showing and also the light seems to emit darker than in the viewport render. How do I cast shadow on active scene, or at least rendering the scene the same as the viewport preview?

Here are the images

On Render Image/ Active Scene

On Viewport Preview Render Mode

Unfortunately your screenshots are not very helpful… Show us the full interface (Outliner!) or even better: Upload the scene file to pastealland let us have a look!

The rendered viewport follows the visibility settings for the viewport, not those for the final render. So my wild guess: The light is set to be visible (=> viewport => eye icon in the outliner), but not renderable (=> render => camera icon in the outliner).

wow, sorry for the late respond, I thought my thread wasn’t approved by the moderator. There you go

girl13.blend (3.13 MB)

You have an object called “Sphere” in that scene, which is invisible in the viewport but visible in the render. That sphere encloses your character and effectively blocks the sun light.

Don’t let the position of the sun lamp (you made it a hemi lamp, which Cycles interprets as a sun lamp) fool you: A sun light source is always treated as being infinitely far away, thus only the direction of a sun lamp matters. That’s why positioning the sun lamp inside of the said sphere still leads to the light being blocked.

ow okay, thank you very much for your suggestions. I’ll try it