objects in different files and a couple of other questions

Well I’m trying to up my skills, so I dropped back to start a simple project. I’m doing a small L shaped castle. I started a single file, but after a bit I realized that texturing some of the smaller elements would be difficult as all where part of the “cube” object. I did a save as tower / balcony etc, resulting in multiple save files. I haven’t learned how to separate out the elements from the parent object at the moment, which I suspect would have been easier solution. In any case I have multiple files, each with a bit more corrected / tweeked modelling that I would now like to combine back into a single file and create parent / child objects. Anyone have a good link / tutorial on how this is done?

I watched a Utube vid on creating a gothic arch using a bezier line/curve, Where is that tool located in blender?

Thanks all

BP

Separate, hotkey P, in edit mode to separate mesh parts to their own objects. Ctrl+J in object mode to join. Ctrl+P in object mode to parent them. File menu link/append to get them in from another .blend file, can also open another file and copypaste them between the two (ctrl+C, ctrl+V).

Curves are a category of objects located in add menu -> curves, containing a bézier curve.

JA12

Thanks, got the bezier curve in my menu now, will try the file combine here in a bit, thanks again for the help.

BP