difference between interactive render and render

Hello everyone,

I am new to blender but not completely to 3d, so I followed this tutorial () about making a grass field.

Basically, it’s a hair type system that scatters geometry on a plane. Quite simple. It all went well, the result is not great but this is not my bigger problem right now.
Actually, I don’t have the same result with the interactive render and the “real” render.

Here is the interactive render :

And the render :

As you can see, I have an ugly repetition occuring between grass particles on the “real” render. I thought it came from the interpolation because there is a “view” and a “render” parameters, so I set those two at 10, but I still get this kind of result.
Do you guys have any idea what’s happening?

I put this thread in the “particles” section because I’m assuming the particle system is causing the issue, but it might be a render issue…

Cheers

I am so sorry for the double post, but I forgot the link to the tutorial if you want to take a look, here it is : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eshOzshjt90

Ooookay So I found what was wrong. I just had an other test hidden in the view but not in the render. Sorry :slight_smile: