Update When using an png image as plane Strange edge affect Worse if use shadeless

When I am using a plane and have an image mapped to it with an alpha channel in blender internal I get this weird affect at the edges Shadeless or Emit make it much worse but I found it is still there without. Note Image.

I have tried the pre-multiply and messed around with the transparency and nothing works. If I don’t have it emit or make it shadeless its not quite as noticable at one time I didn’t see it at all. Either A. The image itself the edge is not removed and shows up. Or B. something about the Emit or Shadeless causes this. Or there is another answer but I am clueless as to any thing else. What do you think is going on? Update I did find a way to get rid of it. On the mapping of image where it says repeat and such I just put the size down to .99 on each and that took care of it. Still I shouldn’t have to do that so is it the image itself? If so i need to know so I don’t make the mistake of leaving any edge or is it something else.

Scale your uv island down so that its not touching the borders of the texture area. The edge at the top is the bottom of the texture repeating.

^^NOva Thanks that makes sense.

Incidentally, I was just watching Thomas Beck’s Sneak Peek #21 where he demonstrates this Clip Alpha control and uses it to remove unsightly borders when using a texture with an alpha channel: