Looping soft body physics

I want to make a seamlessly looping animation of a model using soft body physics. I did the normal animation looping technique of making the last key frame a copy of the first one, and only have it render to the frame before the last one.

But when I use the soft body physics, the first frame doesnt seem to have the same shape as the last one, causing an un-seamless loop. Is there a technique for soft body so I can get a good seamless loop going? I was thinking of doubling the length of the animation and only rendering certain parts of it, and only using certain frames when turning it to a gif, but I’m not sure if thats the most efficient way of doing it.

Mmh, you could try: 1. Start the animation earlier with some frames of the first pose, bake or play it and render from a later frame… That way the softbody physics will shape the mesh until it is similar to the end mesh and does not ‘jump’ to the initial (undeformed by the softbody yet) mesh. For example, move all your keyframes 20 frames up and copy the start frame to frame 1 again. Let the animation play and render from frame 20 to the end. 2. Use the last few keyframes of the animation on the start to get the same deformation and movements and render from a later frame to the end. This could be useful if the last frame of your animation is still in motion and you can also view and choose where to loop. This is basically like 1, but you dont have a resting pose at the end/start, so you can loop already moving (and deforming) animations. 3. Use keyframes on your softbody physics to get the end animation in shape with the first state of the mesh by reducing the effect. I doubt it will look good on skin tho. Good luck!